• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 09, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
I think Frank C has got some news to spread.
animatedihbear.gif

Rick, Thank you. Only thing I'm sure of is I'm older than the Professor
old.gif

Roger N,
Maybe Kraig can come up with some pictures of the timed deck cogged belt adjustment, because I don't have any or a deck to take pictures of at this time.

Don T's right. Here's the story: Don has a 123 that isn't complete. I want to see a 123 dressed as a Tiger Cub (or Leapord, whatever). I've offered to mail what parts that Don needs to him (at my expense) to see this done. I have a lot of the parts. We just got off the phone and part of our discussion was about opening a new thread in the Sandbox AND wondering about who else that comes here would like to see this happen and like to get involved. ????
happy.gif

Here's what I'm typing about:
242865.jpg

For those who may be wondering "why?", the 123 introduced the Hydrostatic Transmission to the Cub Cadet line. They're special.
happy.gif

We've realized that this isn't going happen overnight, so we put a 24 month timeline for a completion date. ???
happy.gif

These B&W's are the classics. I'm not the first one with this idea and before a computer crash, I had color photos.
242873.jpg
happy.gif

Figured out why my 44 inch deck's belt broke:

242875.jpg

bad idler.

Lucky for me, I salvaged one from another 44A deck that I had for the 1650 and was able to swap it out.

242876.jpg

While I was at it, I swapped out the stock pulley for the speed-up pulley I bought for the 1650's 44a deck.

242877.jpg

I know everyone has told me not to use the speed-up pulley with the 109, but I thought I'd give it a try. It was an easy swap and if it bogs down the tractor, I'll go back to the standard one. I'm counting on what I think is a very strong 10 hp engine to make the difference on pulley sizes and power necessary to drive the deck.

This 109 tractor seems very original and complete. It also doesn't seem to have much wear and tear or abuse that jumps out to me - just old age and surface type rust. Having said that, the deck spindles are very quite and the blades appear to be fairly new, no nicks and some reminant white paint on them. There is a bit of surface rust here and there - mostly under the belt cover (which I'm leaving off for now). I'm hopeful I've got a deck that will be trouble free for a long time to come. We'll see.

Paul B., Rick A., Roger N., Item #30 in the exploded view:

242898.jpg

And I may as well post the info from the manual regarding belt tension that Paul wrote up as it might help to have it on the same page as the drawing above.

242899.jpg

Kraig...you are truly a magician...thanks for being the go to guy for taking the guess work out of the equation...you are a treasured asset to all of us here....whatever Charlie is paying you...you need a raise
happy.gif

Donald T. and Frank C. I say, "Go for it." Maybe I can find some parts to help for the project. One question though... Isn't there already a space already provided for that type of tractor in The Sandbox section? CLICK HERE.
happy.gif
(Sorry... I just couldn't resist.)

I start work in ten minutes so everyone have a wonderful day.

Here's a tiger Cub built by my friend, Roger Kitterman. He found the 123 upside down in a junk yard and saved it.

242918.jpg

Frank and Don, there's a fairly complete 123 sittin not far from me I could prob get a decent deal on if you need something or wanted to make a pride of.tiger cubs....

Boy, this lull kinda reminds ya of the ol' crash from days gone by....think Hydro called them the "shakes" or something like that....hope it's not broke...
a---allalone.gif

Well guys here is a few pictures of the 123 I have here. Frank as you can see I need a few parts to make this happen. I see I think the drive shaft has a big bunch of weld on it
1a_scratchhead.gif
. I have no ides what the PO was trying to do .If you want I will drag this in my shop and get it running and then we will know more.What you guys think ? Is this 123 worth saving ?

242947.jpg

242948.jpg

242949.jpg

242950.jpg

242951.jpg

And an old 107 that Frank had .

Don T, long as you don't mess with any of the gaskets it should be saveable.

It looks like the tiger cub in the b&w picture has headlights for the eyes.

Don (and Frank)-

Go for it! The two year period will be about right to get it done with the fewest headaches. Have you got a large electrolysis tank? If not it might help in the long run to grab a plastic barrel and start cooking. The steering wheel will be a good test in getting things started. Also, how do you plan on getting parts with the postage so expensive? I'm assuming you'll need some stuff from the states.

Wayne Shytle

No I don`t have a electrolysis tank yet , But I do now have two 60 gallon compressors and a sand blaster. I do have to finish two of my tractors my O and the 125. I think I can get this 123 apart and blast some of it this fall.so much to do and so little time lol. Well I will get back in my shop this fall when camping and the MC are put away for the winter.

Well, here's my try to kick start

{
242975.jpg

Here's my temporary fix to not being able to get the "other" set screw out....I know the physics are suspect, but the lock washer and a longer set screw have worked for now...

{
242976.jpg

Some of the downside to buying "OLD" things...notice the crack in the center of the pulley and the key way on the spindle.....thank goodness for our sponsors....

{
242977.jpg

Here's the donor of said spindle...notice the bearings in upper right corner...

{
242978.jpg

Latest posts

Back