• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 08, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
I'm thinking "Gold Demo" 149.......
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 181
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 176
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 171
My submission for the dirtiest hydro contest:
29933.jpg

The pictures don't do it justice. That pile is 3" high.

Attachments

• 29933.jpg
    29933.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 29933.jpg
    29933.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 201
STEVE - Perfect Opportunity with Chuck Fisher's post of Charlie's 1450 in red/white on yesterday's forum. Only problem was the RPM Forum Experts were never able to positively identify the Gold paint code for the Gold Demo's. Most people just use a metallic Gold from a 1970's vintage Cadillac and call it Good.

Thanks for the link to Johnny Products. It looks like their bucket may be just what I'm looking for. Are there any other products I should consider before buying.

Hi Everyone,

I've seen tune-up kits for sale, I need an overhaul kit for an M18S. Do they have those, without buying the rings, bearings, gaskets, etc. separately? Where is a good place to get this stuff without paying an arm & a leg? Can't believe how much this costs!

Dennis "F",
The baseball "Cubs" suck.
International Harvester "Cubs" are great.

No one is saying anything about the White Demo Farmall Cubs.

I also thought the the "demo" 'H''s and "M"'s had the white bars on the front grill. Anyone???

I got my 71 with a IH snow blade, but I do not think it has ever been on the tractor. The mounting cradle for the blade has 2 welded pins facing out that I supose is to fit in the lower holes on the front bracket under the frame. Being welded pins there is no way I can see to get the pins in the holes because they are stiff and will not flex. Is this the way it is suposed to work or am I missing something?

Norm,

Just look "up". Try one of our sponsors. There pricies are very competitive and they know what you need to do the job right. A service manual and parts book will go far in helping you figure out what you need if you want to "study" up ahead of time. You may find out that you might not need as many parts as you think. Than again, you may find out you need way more than you thought......

BTDT hence, My Cub loves my wallet

Ed,
I believe that the pins in question are for a QA mount that your tractor may not have. It should bolt up at the front of the frame. Binder Books (sponsor at the top of the page) has the manual for the blade you have. There very inexpencive too.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 174
Tedd, Are suggesting that I might not need the mounting cradle and just mount the blade right to the lower frame bracket where the mower deck mounted?

Long time lurker here......

Kraig M......Use your plastic money to buy the books! I need my 60 cents per copy!!!

White H & M...IH did NOT paint these at the factory. They are fantasy tractors....nothing more.

Gold Demo.....I have the actual DEMONSTRATOR decal f.w.i.w. along with the rest of the chassis decals for this series.

Check your xmas lists for your new literature addition.....its going to the printer in a week or two.....

Had an interesting meeting with the V.P. of C.C. Marketing today.......start thinking 2011!!! No other details can be told now.
shhh.gif

Attachments

• shhh.gif
    shhh.gif
    666 bytes · Views: 177
Hmm....2011.....That'd be the 50th anniversary of the Cub Cadet....hmmm......
noshare.gif

Attachments

• noshare.gif
    noshare.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 178
Dennis and Steve, just couldn't help myself. Its a little down and dirty... but here you go.

29939.jpg

I've never seen one of these gold tractors, but VW had a gold beetle and in 79 the Firebird also had a gold version... if you were looking for paint ideas.

Chuck

Attachments

• 29939.jpg
    29939.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 29939.jpg
    29939.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 224
My 122 decided to play a nasty trick on my over the weekend.
I went to shut it off after working it for a hour and it did not what to stop.
It did stop fireing but the started keept turning it over.
I replaced the key switch, no luck.
I replaced the cellanoid, no luck.
I checked over the wire harnass for broken or shorted wires and found none.
I have to remove the posative cable to get it to stop turning over.
Any Ideas on what might be causeing this?
I have a tractor show comming up this friday and hope to solve this befor than. Would like to take the 122 along to the show.

Lonny,

Bad VR cut out relay

Steve B.
Say it aint so, I just put a new V/R on the 122 two weeks ago, old one no longer charged the battery.
Thats a spendy little V/R.
but I will defently have it checked out.

TOM H. - I have to agree with Your opinions on Both Cubs....Not everything IHC made was great, and in some cases it wasn't even very good.... But when they got it "Right" it was Really right! Like the Cub Cadets, H's & M's, 706/806/1206, the 5X88 series. The H's & M's with the white bars in the grills was something Marketing added to the paint scheme in the marketing liturature to draw attention to "The New FARMALLS" in 1939.... Like They really needed any help in marketing them! They never actually made them that way.
Apostle Ken = Lurker? Yeah right!
happy.gif
Didn't You paint a "Gold Demo" for the RPRU in Edgerton 10 yrs ago? I think it was an 826? Someone in Chapter #4 still have it?

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 179
Ken U., don't worry you'll get your 60 cents, I'll be getting the Letter Series Farmall book soon! I'll be on the lookout for that new book too!!!

The very old 23 x 10.50-12 Firestone turf tires on my 149 are leaking like a sieve (age cracks in the tread and sidewall). I use the 149 and trailer for hauling firewood out of the woods, so I wonder if I should get ag tires, stick with turf tires, or turf with chains? The terrain is not real rugged or steep, just small stumps and rocks, vernal stream beds, etc. Also any suggestion on tire brand?

Latest posts

Back