• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 04, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljones

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Lucas Jones
Roy,
my cub wheels don't have that stamp.

My o now has this ticking sound coming frome the engin is it the valves mine has a k-181 so are the valvs grind to fit or adjustable ?

Couldnt find my post on the IH 1000 clutch, so this is a re-post.

Well I finally got around to pulling the thrown clutch out of the IH 1000. What else should I be looking for that would have caused this clutch to wear the holes oblong like this?
Plus when it threw the clutch half way out between the pressure plates it bent one of those fingers closest to the clutch in pic in a 90 degree. I just hammered it back and put a weld on the other side and grind it flush.

195007.jpg

195008.jpg

Kevin S., After 50 posts the Forum rolls over to a new thread, which happened to you. If you slide up a bit to the bright yellow section, and click on the last 'Archive thru...' you can read the previous posts.
thumbsup.gif

Norm B. + Gerry...nice article on magnet setups. If 2 'wrong' magnets were installed that would probabily really cut down on generating ability.
Curious that they use 3 pole magnets !
Could it be that Norms tractor has bi-polar disorder ! !<font size="-2">(Call a shrink!)</font>
help.gif

Lucas maybe someone dropped their Timex watch in there they take a licking and keep on TICKING, Really do you know that a ticking sound can be way to many things to diagnose with out being there in person.

Kevin sounds like we both had clutch problems mine wasnt as bad although there was nothing left of my throw out bearing

Glad I have a parts tractor, now i just have to find time for it.

Got one brace ready to weld. We ran the torch out of Oxygen, so the other one will have to wait until that can be refilled. The brace clears with the axle pivoted to the stop and the wheels steered all the way to the stop.

195010.jpg

195011.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get the tractor running. I removed the head and cleaned it, so it'll be ready to flatten and reinstall. I'm taking pictures along the way, so expect a 'head gasket replacement' how-to shortly.

Gerry, Alternator output on a Kohler should be 28-56VAC when measured across the two leads, which are the outside wires of the regulator rectifier. Simply unplug from the reg/rectifier and run at ~3600rpm to test output. As speed is lowered output drops accordingly.

Yes, magnets that have been dropped or fallen will lose strength. Same on an intact flywheel that has seen rough handling. You can get a "ballpark" idea if they are all nearly the same by using a screwdriver held between finger and thumb, working it closer to each magnet you will suddenly see/feel the magnet's pull.

The regulator/rectifier must have 12VDC applied to the center terminal in order to work, btw. This is often the forgotten part of people's test procedures. And yes, it must be grounded to function, of course; again a frequently forgotten item. Small engine rectifiers are typically half wave types.
Shift.gif

HELP! There must be a color close to Cub cadet original White IH 901 in rattle cans, what have others used??
Thank You!!

Jim:
We oughta get it into a faq...it's come up several times recently (I don't have one myself, still running S/G's...)

Mornin'...
coffee.gif

(And for Graeme, "Mornin' mate" - haven't heard from down under lately...)

Possibly Graeme took KentucK fishing in the outback??

Charlie:
I'll work on it, if Jim fact checks it...

PAUL W. - SON & I just happened to buy OUR version of IH 902 white yesterday....at least THAT's what We're calling it. I won't say what "white" it actually is/was. But if you check the FAQ's, Bold blue link right under the sponsor's boxes there's a topic for IH paint codes that lists several different brands of white that a local auto paint supplier or auto parts store should be able to mix up for you.

ROY N. - I was tire/wheel/rim Buyer at FARMAALL for three years, 1-3-1979 thru 12-11-1981. I've seen THOUSANDS of EWC stamps on that vintage of wheels & rims and have never seen the word "Firestone" printed out like that. The "12-----" is of course the rim size, rim bead diameter is always listed first, then the width is under the welded-in disc which in this case is probably "5JA" for the width in inches and style of drop center of the rim.

The marking I've seen is simply "EWC" somewhere on the back side close to the bolt pattern on the center disc of CC wheels. And on the rim it will be close to the valve stem hole on the outside of the rim which is covered by the tire & tube. There will normally be a five digit EWC part number right under the EWC which will be their in-house part number. Once the disc & rim are welded it became a different part number entirely.

Like I said, probably 90% of all lawn/garden tractors used the same center disc and the different width rims, 5, 7, 8-1/2", etc. and they were all assembled to the OEM's specified offset.

Paul A,
IH 901 white is not available in rattle cans unless you want to have it mixed by an automotive paint dealer, and have them put it in spray cans. Others that have used spray cans have used what ever shade they could find. I see some tractors at shows that the owner used "International White (IH 935) or one of the Cub Cadet whites. Ace Hardware has an Almond that is close to 935 white, but 935 is available at Case IH dealers.

Paul, If you are trying to save money on paint due to how much the CC rattle cans cost, What you can do is use a good quality rattle can white such as Plastikote or Tempo as a basecoat to color the parts and use the CC rattle can white as a topcoat. Apply about two wet coats as a basecoat and let dry until almost tack free, Then apply a coat or two of CC white to get the topcoat color you want.

Gerry and Jim, remember there is an isolation diode in the pos. lead going out of the engine. Probabily to protect the windings from battery power if the reg/rectifer shorts. Its not shown in wiring diagrams, but is part of the engine assy. I found that last year when a member didnt have any power coming out. If you look at a parts drawing of an alternator type engine you can see/find it.

Latest posts

Back