• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 03, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis, the bearings are fine I would just like to replace them while I have it apart, as I don't know how long they will last. How do you get the front pulley off as it seams too fragile to use a puller?

Glen, I had the tires mounted at local tire shop so they werent a prob. if u were tryin mount them yourself, depending on what tools u have it might be difficult.

228505.jpg

228506.jpg

228507.jpg

Thank you Zack, they look good mounted on a narrower rim, i was afraid they wouldnt fit, so that saves me some trouble. ill have to run tubes tho, my front rims currently no longer have valve stems as a result of rust and unfortunate sidewall rot on my firestones (very disappointing with their pricetag especially), i think itll tie in the 1466 look a little more.

LUCAS - I've never taken a s/g pulley off a s/g before. Refer back to a discussion we had here 3-4 weeks ago about s/g belts. I run mine what I consider "loose", to reduce load on the bearings so they (the belt AND the bearings) last a long time. The bearing on my 72 was last replaced in 1981 in a shop I had rebuild the s/g. It's finished wearing out a K181, a long-lived K241, and has put 160 hrs on a K321 and while it could lock up tomorrow, I expect it'll last a few more years.

Somebody who's had one apart will help you.

Nic B. With the unusally HOT weather the oil will have a tendency to do as you described. It gets so hot that it will expand and come out the breather when going up a slight incline. Dennis F. is correct with it being okay to be a little overfull. Since you were mowing and not plowing or doing fieldwork you weren't working the hydro terribly hard. BTW... Nice set of tires!!!

Dennis, I will check the phone books, thanks for the help.

Allen, I already downloaded that PDF a while back, but reading it a second time I see that I missed where it tells how to remove the pulley, thanks for the link.

Once the nut is removed does the pulley just slide off?

Hi Guy's, It's been a long time since I posted anything on the forum but I need some help. A friend of mine brought me a 1641 Cub - Cadet to work on for him. He asked me to find out what is wrong with it. It just don't want to run right. Other than the couple of pounds of sludge I dug out of the crank case, and the stater that hasn't produced any electricity, who knows how long, someone has the wire harness so badly crossed up, I'm probably going to have to start from scratch building a wire harness. They even had fuses on the ground wires. You all can imagine how that works. I've been trying to find a manual that show's the wire harness, but I'm really slowed to a stop on this Briggs and Stratton cross breed. One of those colar coded diagram's would be a big help. Thanks to all who have been posting in the past, I might not have been active in posting but I have been montering things that have been going on, you are all a great help and don't know it.

Latest posts

Back