• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 29, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gerry this was started so us guys with 169s could find one easy one click place to hang out.

You should get a 169 and hang out with us here

Jeff - there are way too many good friends here on this thread that I don't want to alienate, but I'll just point out (start of rant)that the forum has always discouraged separate threads about items that there are already a place for, and 169's fall in the category of the main forum. Ezra seeing a separate thread for 169's apparently persuaded him to drop an engine question here, instead of on the main forum, where the main body of forum members with Kohler powered IH Cubs hang out. There is nothing other than the 13 fin block that sets the 16 horse apart from the other engines,(bore and stroke vary on ALL the different models) so somebody looking for quick advise on an engine problem is going to have many more views, and hopefully responses sooner than on a sub thread in the Sandbox...

I CAN see a separate thread about a specific item, like serial numbers, or taillight dates where gathering information for reference by all in one spot may be smarter, but to set up a thread which has the same intention as the main forum (just general chat about tractor related things) subverts the way the forum has always been run.. (end of rant)...

BTW - I've got a 149 that needs rebuilding and an extra 16 horse K341AQS from a Ford GT ... I may build a hybrid, depending on which motor is in better shape. With that, I'll shut up and go back to lurking this thread
happy.gif

Gerry, better put on your reading glasses, it's Eliza (her) not Ezra (he)...

I understand the 169 thread for 169 specific details but the main forum should be where more generic queries are posted. IMO the engine query would be of the generic category and should have been in the main forum. Hopefully this one will be an anomaly and not the norm.

Kraiq ... had it right last night... Fingers are wandering this morning. I commented on this because of a similar conversation that took place in another area last summer. As Rosanne Rosanna Danna used to say "NEVERRRRR MIND".....

ty kraig for the clarification.....much appreciated.
i am not a newbie to the forum....just not knowledgeable as to the differences between the machines which is why i posted here. this is my first tractor and i am learning as i go. i will in the future inquire elsewhere

I think we need someone to restore/refurbish one of the dang things and then they could have their own thread in the refurbish area. Frank? Jeff?
greenthumb.gif

Well, in my view this thread is for "169 owners". It's for braggin' and showing off, and other such similar things. I think ole Frank started it so we could follow him thru his rebuild/reassembly. I'm sure not gonna disagree with Kraig, and would agree that generic operational problem/issues should be posted to the main forum. But I do think there are some specific special things about a 169 that only 169 owners will know, and we only have 4005 chances of getting it the same, with that number being reduced every year. Now, having said all this, I wonder what did happen to ole Frank. In late April he had the engine hanging in his cellar, and then there was a pic someplace about the tractor coming out of cold storage. Now it seems Frank has disappeared into the sunset.
FRANK - you out there?????? The sun is shinnin' and we're waiting for your update!!!!!

hey jerry......i would love to do a complete resto on matilda.....just need some backers......lol

Harry - I figured the <font color="0077aa">'Godfather of 169's' <font color="000000">would chime in sooner or later..... Since this thread is about 169's, how about listing all the differences between a 149 and a 169 that make it so special, (other than the size of the engine)? That would be useful to everyone....
1a_scratchhead.gif
</font></font>

Gerry - sorry I could never post that specific information. That's the other reason why 169 owners collect on this thread. So they can pick up on the bits and pieces of the differences. Even IH was pretty quiet about telling everyone what they were.

Latest posts

Back