• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 29, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you guys running my Cub mail delivery service ... isn't it about time to take it in for servicing ? The filter and oil needs changed !! Man I wish I was getting paid for the mileage ;)

And you guys thought I was sleeping !!!!!!!!!!!!!

18289.gif
18290.gif
18291.gif

Question:

Can you change the quick attach bracket on a narrow frame QA42 snowthrower to fit a wide frame 149.

Thanks

Ken, what program do you use to edit the animated gifs?

Wyatt, what kind of primer did you use on that?

Paul A., you'd be better off finding a QAxxA or a QAxxB subframe, they can be set up for use on either a narrow or a wide frame.

18299.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on April 30, 2004)

Paul A., here is one that Scott Tanner modified to fit a wide frame.

18302.jpg

18303.jpg

18304.jpg

Kraig -

Didn't I send you M$'s GIF animator?

Bryan, yes you sent it, I was just wondering what Ken used.

Kraig -- I thought me and Bryan use to push Paint Shop Pro ... That's what I use , I've got versions 2 , 5 , 6 , 7 . I use 5. A friend here has PSP8 that came on his new 'puter and if I ever get near that "X"treme "P"uter I'll have PSP8 too
happy.gif

Stupid rain caught up with me and then the electric went out ... I gotta ship today and I have one more piece to cast !! May have to take the furnace in the living room ;)

WOW - Scott sure did a lot more work modifying His blower bracket than I did. My blower was for a NF, Prior Owner widened it to fit a WF, and I narrowed it back up for My 72. Maybe some day I'll make the parts to adapt the brackets to fit on My 129. It would work better on the 129 but a 36" blower on a tractor with 23-10.50 tires won't quite clear the tire/wheel tracks.

Bryan -- quit running in and out the door .... c-r-e-a-k .... knock knock knock .... just like a kid
happy.gif

Hey all-

Got some news to post:

Sonos indicate that it looks like Jack is getting a baby brother in August.

To keep it on topic, his Dad is looking forward to seeing some of you at Kent on Sunday for "Cub day."

Kraig, the blower housings are also quite a bit different between a QA36/42 and a QA36A/42A. An adjustable subframe will not simply bolt on a NF blower.

Travis, I forgot about that, the QAxxA has that upper linkage and it lifts differently (parallel) than the QAxx (tilt).

steering column from a 73 should fit a 123, right? I know it won't be "correct" but should be long enough, right?

Jonathan

Hey Ken- On old ice-cream chairs... the type made with 3/8" rod twisted in ornamental fashion... there's a round hoop for the seat-base, the twisted legs and back bolt to the hoop, but before it all goes together, a round usually wood (sometimes with woven-wicker) insert drops into the hoop, then the legs and back go in, then bolts. Those thingies you made... go on the bolts on the inside of the hoops, to support and lock the seat insert in place.

Next time I'm in dad's storage building, I'll try'n snap a picture of 'em installed in an old chair.

Nice work, by the way! Wanna cast me a new gearbox for my Atlas 9's leadscrew drive? Or how 'bout a whole new lathe...

I have a 44A deck that is in need of repair but I am not sure if it is worth the cost of repairing. Maybe some of the experts out there would tell me what you think. The spindles seem tight but the shell is not. Here is one pictures of the deck.

18306.jpg

Latest posts

Back