• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 29, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom F,
Not to be to smart here but try 3 pints and check the dip stick.
I've never measured oil, I add, check the stick and add some more.

(Message edited by cProctor on April 30, 2004)

Tom F. -

Actually, it holds a quart and a half
lol.gif

The <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> owner's manual states 3 pints...

Charlie -

Biting my tongue here...
roflol.gif

Ya really shouldn't set yourself up like that!

BTW, Some prevert behind the chedder curtain sent me this pic the other day, laughin so hard he was cryin, sayin somethin about he'd post it if he coulda seen the screen.
18333.jpg

Just guessing here but it may have been a suttle attempt of asking if his engine has the correct dip stick ..... but hey that's just my sleepy eyed view of the situation ... damn nerve pill kickin butt ... my butt !

my speed-up deck pulley arrived this week for the 50" deck, pn 126 393-C1, gators are on order. question: should i expect an all day wrestling match trying to remove the old pulley? any tips?

18335.jpg

BTW, i modified a NF QA-42 to fit my 149 about 5 years ago, it fits the frame nicely but the deflector cap hits the lower part of the hood extension when lifted.

Bah... Sorry Tom! I know what I was thinkin'... (I wasn't)... :)

Anyway, the 127 lives... took it for a drive up to my dad's house today. LH knuckle's arm is still a tad loose, so kinda spooky with the S-R level at full-forward, but otherwise, she's all good!

Hey Bryan- sounds like orderin' a pizza:

Sir, would you like that cut into seven pieces, or fourteen?

Uhh... better make it seven, I don't think we can eat forteen.

Tedd- Cute 'terminator'. Now do Eddie!!!

Ken- Yeah, a Jake Brake on a Cub Cadet... that's make perfect sense. I'll put my locomotive air-horn up on the hood... unfortunately, I'll hafta put a remote control on it 'cause it's so loud that 'ya can't stand within 30' of it when 'ya set it off... if it doesn't make you deaf, it will definately clear your colon!

Nate-
Chain wrench, works every time, doesn't mar up the pulley too bad, any marks can be cleaned up with a file. Other than that a pipe wrench might work well.

Tom F.

Kohler made 2 versions of the K series blocks, one had a large base pan, the other had a "special" small base pan. Our beloved Cubs use the smaller of the 2 and hold 1-1/2 quarts like everyone else said. My guess is that the manual is quoting capacities for the large pan engine.

Dump in 3 pints (or 1-1/2 quarts) and check the dipstick to make sure it's registering correctly. The old pre-balance gear Kohlers had a bad habit of letting the stick slide down further into the cap and giving false readings (on the low/bad side of things!!!!)

Nate,

They usually aren't too bad. I have always had good luck with 2 opposing prybars and a upward "walking" motion.

One thing about the old pulley, it's probably about 3/4 worn out anyway (most are due to the grease/grass combo that tends to "cup" faces of the groove in the bottom pulley thru minute slippage over time), so if you do it some damage it won't be the end of the world....I promise you'll never go back to it after you try a 44/50 in "overdrive" with Gators......YooowwwZaaaaa!!!!

Wyatt, Steve,
thanks for the ideas on that, i can't wait to crank it up and see those grass clippings fly.

Dave -- I've got saved info somewhere where a guy had made a jake fer his cub. Glad to know you're keepin yer S/R level , don't let it get outta whack !
happy.gif
What are you planing on doing to the front axle / spindle combo to handle the weight , use Murray spindles ¿

Gotta go .... gonna put sugar in the 127 gas tank so it'll quit running completly.
Anybody got a 20 horse Kawasaki /
ihrotate.gif
Cub Cadet driveshaft addapter in der pocket for a photo op ¿¿

(Message edited by kweaver on May 01, 2004)

Hey Ken!

Well, the Volvo's a tad heavier, but not too bad. I've been thinkin' (but not drinkin'), that I may snitch my super-knuckles from Loader-Mutt (1/2" 1020 plate with 5-bolt trailer spindles'n hubs), but haven't gotten that far yet... I'm still working on fishplates for the inside of the frame rails and brackets to bolt the engine down. Once that's in place, I gotta make a cover for this engine's original rear (now front) coupler, so the engine oil stays clean (and IN the engine), then get a garden-hose and fuel supply hooked up for a longer test-barf. Just gotta fire it up every so often to remind myself why I'm doin' these crazy projects!
More important to me than a Jake-Brake is fitting forced-induction... when the plow's in the ground I won't have any need to slow down... all I'll be lookin' fer is to turning earth over. If she works out really well, perhaps I'll do some creative bodywork and fit some really serious ag treads to the back...

Dave -- on my "home built" when I first made it I took the balljoints and spindles from a Vega and "C'd" the joints and re-drilled the bolt pattern for 12" 5 lug trailer wheels with a 2x2 tube axle. I wish I had kept that setup since it worked sooooooo good in turned ground. I later used a B10 front axle and front blade (still on it) since the 47 Chevy steering that I used on the big axle hung in front and I couldn't put a blade on. I wouldn't strip LM to make The Beast , just build a new set of spindle / axle ! LM would never roll again. Huffer ? More like Puffer
happy.gif

iknowthatididntputinparagraphsbutatleastididntrunalltheletterstogether

I showed my deck to a guy in Manchester, IA that thought that he could fix it up real easily for a not too bad a price. We'll see--- My father-in-Law has had him repair a lot of farm equipment in the past and says he does a great job. Told him if things get worse than he first thought to let me know.

Has anyone else use a product called Slip-plate on the bottom of your mower decks? I have a friend of mine that swears by the fact that it helps reduce th amount of grass that sticks to the deck. I tried it once but not as convinced yet. (Maybe didn't apply it heavy enough?) Slip-plate is used by some farmers in their gravity box grain wagons to help the grain flow out easier. It is found in most farm stores if anyone else wants to try it.
Seth

Latest posts

Back