• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 27, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgoodine

displayname
Joel Goodine
Welcome Gary,

Don T, I took coil of my 125 and she fired right up, but I did not have the condenser grounded properly, which caused a little sparking, so I put old original condenser and coil back on and grounded properly, she fired right up, so I guess condenser was not grounded properly

Next fix on my original will be installing a new drive belt, can anybody give me an idea what kind of job that is?

Joel G, That has happened to me, back when I still owned a model 71. The condenser was not grounded properly,....as in it was not tightened back up from testing another coil that day.

Also, I started to notice a slight sputter every so often. Turns out to be a small crack in the rubber boot of the condenser. A dab of Indian Head, and the moisture stayed out!

Where can I look to find the correct torque value for a 1450 with aluminum oil pan? I'm looking for the value of the pan - to - engine cradle value. I want to make sure I don't have any problems with the famous aluminum pan.

Thanks

I finished installing a 12hp in&1250& wondered if IH ever made a special tool to remove&install the 2 front engine mounting bolts.I welded a 9/16 socket to a 7inch bar that is 7/8 wide and it works.I know you can't get to them with standard tools.Kinda wondered if anyone ever removed and replaced them without saying anything.

I have no trouble with a 9/16 ratcheting wrench, with the axle in place on my 1x8,9s

DAN - We discussed installing/removing those frt engine bolts a couple weeks ago. I find a straight non-pivoting Gear Wrench works the best, it's low profile, can't bend, and nothing in the way. I jack up the frt of the tractor so the frt axle can pivot down a bit, start the bolt a couple turns, then ratchet the bolt home with the Gear Wrench.

If it takes you longer to install one bolt than to read that paragraph, there's something BIG wrong. With practice, your should be able to install BOTH frt bolts in that amount of time.

Worst bolt I've found on a CC, is the frt foot rest bolts on a NF tractor, the ones that start inside the frame and thread into the 1/2 inch dia. frt support. A deep socket isn't long enough, short extension with shallow socket almost too long on one side.

They are tight, but as Denny ad Jeff said......not that big of a deal.....even with a combination wrench they are do-able.......I know I've dealt with much worse spots......

Hey all... Back from camp... Thrower is in GREAT shape!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152347989470498.1073741831.510790497&type=1&l=a6566e1a3e

I didn't find the handle for the chute though
sad.gif

I did find an extra 42" deck but it's different than mine.. It has no zerk on the tension pulley

Found belts blades plugs an extra sediment bowl (sans shutoff stem) a new head gasket and an old one (someone HAS serviced the head at least once in its life)

Awesome day
happy.gif

Brian E.,
Congrats on all your recent progress too. Sounds like you have the yellow and white fever coming on! :cool:

Good evening all,
I was wondering if anybody has one tractor that seems to have more carb problems than the rest of your fleet? Here's what I mean. my 682 I have to clean the carb when I first get it out in the spring. Then again by mid summer. But both of my other 782 I cleaned them when I first got them and one of those was over 4 years ago. On my 682 I took the tank off last spring cleaned and flushed it and blew it out. New fuel outlet fitting with screen, new grommet new fuel lines new filters (every time I clean the carb) But here's the kicker, every time I take the carb of to clean it I don't find any dirt in bowl or anything anywhere. But once its back together its good to go again for a few months. Just wonderin. Thanks Jim

Brian E...That bar looks like the tow bar off of a lawn sweeper too me. I'm pretty sure cub cadet made a sweeper.

Jim H....Do you think you may be getting any moisture in tank? I was thinking maybe that being a problem or could be getting thru gas cap? If you think moisture could be a problem, try this simple test. If you have a Napa store nearby, get a bottle of THERMO AID . When your 682 starts sputtering, dump about a 1/4 of the bottle in the tank and see what happens. I had an 1810 give me that problem and it took me a while to figure it out. Got the THERMO AID and cured the problem. Curious to see what you find out.

By Joel Goodine (Jgoodine) on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 06:29 pm:

Brian E, all you need now is some snow,

I've got 2 words for Joel - and they're NOT "Merry Christmas".
happy.gif

@Ron: I thought that but the manual for the sweeper shows a multi-piece tow bar not a one-piece...

I guess I can just run through all the manuals and window-shop ;)

Brian E.....If i remember right, the bar in your pic attaches to a "u" shaped bar on the front of the sweeper that goes from side to side. Let us know what you find out about it.

Ron,
There two items I put in my two 5 gallon gas cans I use. One being Thermo aide the second being a product made by Lucas oils. That is suppose to help with the ethanol. Plus I run only high test gas (93) only from marathon. And the gas cap was a brand new one from CC 3 years ago. I have had this problem since I have had the tractor somewhere around 8 years. It has always done it. Just odd. Thanks Jim

Frank I really hope Brian E doesn't get a chance to use his snowblower, at least for a few months

@Joel: I don't mind using it, you know, to test it... Just, without snow is all...

Our horses would lose their minds if it snowed again I'd imagine...

So I ended up finding new belts today for the mule and deck... The deck belt is actually a notched V-Belt (477599R2)... Fit like a glove... The mule belt, while having a different part number (490489R2), is the exact width and length as my current one (might be this is the belt they'd used at camp all these years)

In checking the belt ref, that part number is 1" shorter than the one for my 124 but I figure I can make the adjustment on the QA frame screw as/if needed OR buy a new one if I'm SOL with it...

I got the deck back on, which was a trip b/c the QA frame came off too and I'd never messed with it before, buuut, 10 minutes later that was sorted...

I'll definitely need to level the deck after I get the mule belt on as its sitting all cattywompus...

Next weekend my lawn will definitely need to be cut (if not sooner) so it's gunna be a photo finish this week getting everything ready to go =)

Back