• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 25, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kupdike

displayname
"The Apostle"
ZOOM ZOOM!!!
35186.jpg

Charlie,

Using the wider wheels will increase the width of the foot print of the tire. Wider footprint, more tread contact, MORE PULL. Maybe not enough to matter ..... until it matters.

bet you all didn't know i could get 3 cubs on my truck!
35194.jpg

35195.jpg

35196.jpg

plus i got this stuff
35197.jpg

and a 1250 for 900$ i think i did ok

A question for those who purchased some of the Brinly tires off E-bay.

Anyone else besides me out there haveing problems keeping wheelbearings in the hubs on those rims?

The weelbearings keep working themself out of the hubs on the 2 sets of tires I purchased.

Is there a fix for this?

Lonny,
If you buy the cheap sealed bearings, they will not stay in any wheel for long.
Bite the bullet and buy the good wheel bearings and forget it.
biggrin.gif

Good bearings
35199.jpg

Cheap junk bearings
35200.jpg

Just about had a bad Cub night, but I headed it off at the pass.....

I was mowing with the 782 and made the last pass out onto the concrete driveway before I moved on to mowing the remaining 1/2 acre of yard when I noticed some small drops of oil on the concrete. Thought it was from the hydro and almost didn't stop, but something told me I better.

Turns out it was engine oil. The idiot light sending unit had blown a diagphram and was blasting a pencil lead thick stream of 50 psi oil onto the inside of the engine sheetmetal from under the electrical connector (odd huh???). I must have just caught it, as there wasn't too much oil YET.

Glad I stopped, as I was on the last pass where I turned around over concrete, and probably would have never noticed it on the grass...ouch!!!!! Only saving grace was the gauge, but the bright red "oh sh**" light is nice for when you are concentrating on lots of other things at the same time.

Good thing I had an 1/8" NPT pipe plug stashed in a drawer!!!! Looks like Kohler will get $xx out of me for another sending unit......

Thanks for the advice Charlie.
I did go out and buy a few of the cheap sealed bearings and those are the ones I am haveing problems with.
Guess the ole cub dealer will be getting a phone call tomorrow.
He likes it when I call him,knows he will be makeing another sale.

Charlie, Lonny
i'll second that advice... I even went so far to use JD units in my wheels... JD dealer is 2 mi away, while cub is 25+ miles... when you cub is in the middle of a field, we all gots to make the hard choices.....hee hee

Scott T,
Most Cub Cadet dealers in my area only carry the junk bearings for one reason!
They buy them dirt cheap and sell'um for Cub Cadet prices and most don't even notice.
JD on the other hand doesn't even sell the junk one's around here and they are still less than MTD by 2 bucks each.
Now Stens makes some super nice heavy duty wheel bearings. PN/215-210
And I do believe that at least 3 of our sponsors carry.

LONNIE - I keep a couple pieces of brass shim stock in assorted thicknesses around for little situations like that wheel bearing situation. Those bearings have to fit tight or they will work loose.... after 30-40 years those bores the bearings press into probably "Grow" a bit. Even on new wheels the tolerances can be loose.

Charlie - got a part number and distributor for the "good" bearings?

"Now Stens makes some super nice heavy duty wheel bearings. PN/215-210 "

DUH! I totally missed that line!!!

yes my pictures were posted on the other side and i waited a while to post here but... whatever.
I almost got the tailgate shut on that load but they only had to go 50 miles so i didn't worry, if i would have gone further i could have gotten the gate closed.i would have put more on if i wanted too but i was in no rush for the 1250.f-150 rode like a dream even with that load.

Back on the 17th I posted that I was haveing som problems getting my cat.0 3point plow to work correctly.
Well after a few days of adjusting this and that and trying this or that I finially got the plow to work like it should.
What I found out was that my lower link arms where to low, so I raised them up roughly 4 inches on the adjustment screws and now every thing is working fine.
I can lower the plow into the ground and still have 2 inches of float up or down to follow the ground contours.

Some times all it takes is asking the right questions, trial and error, and lots of time to figure out just how something is suppose to work.

(Message edited by lbuttke on April 26, 2006)

Latest posts

Back