• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,thanx for the pic.do you advise calcium filled tires as well as wieghts,how much wieght is that on TOP of the plow?

Henri,
I personally wouldn't add fluid, but that's just me.
I don't know how much weight Nate runs on his, but I've got 90 pound starter weights on the inside and 54 pounders on the outside and have no problems with traction.
55778.jpg

55779.jpg

Then add a little more on the lanside for plowin,
55780.jpg

You'll never see my skinny butt hangin off the side of the seat!
biggrin.gif

In reply to the, weight for plowing question. Does anybody recomend using liquid ballast in the tires, with tubes of course?}}}

Charlie - Think about it ... I know it's hard for you but try anyway. The weight isn't hard on the seals. The seals are seals not weight bearing surfaces. If the seals are leaking it's because the bearings/bushings or whatever carries the weight on the axles allowing it to rotate is worn/wearing allowing the axle to get into the seal more than it was designed for. Soooooooo , if the seal is leaking you've got bearing problems or a bent axle.
<font size="-2">or it could be like my (and other's) Toyota crankshaft that leaks past the seal ... the seal wears a groove on the crank because they made the seals harder than the crank! >insert import gripe here<</font>

Charlie
Just wondering how weight would effect the axle seal? Wouldn't the axle bearing/bushing keep the seal from being compressed. Or you talking about side loads? A buddy of mine has about 800# of lead on a jacobson and his is fine

John
Liquid tire ballast is great if you dont want ugly weights on your rims. I did it and I love it but the ride quality suffers

John,
Use RV anti-freeze. Remove the tire, lay it on the ground stem side up. Pop the bead. Use a 2x4 and a BFH (Big Hammer) to pop the bead. Pour in about 7 gallons. Re-inflate. If you plan on mowing grass with those tires do not add fluid. It will compact your lawn. This will give you roughly 120 lbs of weight for $30. Weight doesn't get much cheaper than that.

You could allways build a platform on the back and have a fat friend stand there.

Kentuck,
I thought that was a given. But I guess i should have went into greater detail just for you,
biggrin.gif

And of course you too Tim,
bouncy.gif

I got a plow question? Ok so i replaced my tweaked crapsman plow with a free "flying goat" plow and it seems to bite in way to much. Would lowering the mount help because the ass end is up a lil?

Thanks to all for the responses on the S/G and Voltage regulators. Kraig and Roland, I had already tried most of these tests (found them in the FAQ and in the Archives before my question) but was hoping for a couple other tests I may have missed. I'll go through them again tomorrow and test again. Thanks for the help!

Brent

Got some new blades for a 38" deck today.

They are rectangular in shape(90* in all corners).

They are Oregon brand.

If anyone is interested, i'll post the part #'s

Latest posts

Back