• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbedell

displayname
Roland Bedell
Brent L:

Try this....

55753.jpg

Brent, click on the FAQ link above, then click on #21 in the list. There is a link there that has some good info on Starter/generators and trouble shooting electrical problems.

New guys asking about can their hydro cub do any work ... look at the Plow Day section ... (ignore the green junk, that's just mold!)
smile.gif

Does anyone happen to know if there would be any problems using an old pin driver plate as opposed to buying a new one? I need to start getting parts lined up for my clutch rebuild and I was trying to avoid the cost of a brand new pin driver, I do plan on using new springs, clutch disc and roll pins though.

These are some pics of the clutch after pd. You can see one of the pins has been ripped out on the middle picture.

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.pl?pg=prev&topic=106&page=55396

Thanks for the input.

Brian - As long as the pins are tight and it isn't warped I don't see why not.

Brian B.

The only problem I see with useing a used one and not a new one is, it is a used one and cost less to purchase.
There aint no reason to try and save a buck or two, after all it aint like you can take it with you when you meet the big guy up in the sky.
angel.gif

He didn't say he was gonna use the same used one , just a "used one". ;)
And I think the pin is loose !

I needed to swap the tiller for the plow tonight. For those of you who have a tiller, I highly recommend replacing the standard rear plate bolts with studs. It sure makes swapping the tiller quick work, and you don't loose any fluid.
thumbsup.gif

55773.jpg

55774.jpg

Terry B. -

I've seen that idea somewhere before...
wink.gif

Guys,

On my previous post about problems with sealing the rear tranny cover, I mistakenly wrote that the rear cover is attached with 3/16" diameter bolts rather than the correct 3/8 diameter bolts. Sorry for my error.

Would it be easier for me to buy an entire transaxle on eBay, and replace the whole thing rather than tearing it apart to replace a fork?

Todd

Brian B.
The reason the pin was able to rip out of the plate and not bend it is, it a <font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">I</font><font color="000000">H</font> <font color="ffff00">CUB CADET</font></font>

Todd W.
It would be easier to maybe contact a sponsor or post a want ad in the classifieds abd buy from one of us rather than someone you don't know anything about.

Todd,
It wouldn't save you much work. You have to split the tractor either way and you have to figure in your time and gas money to get a replacement transmission. Once the trans is out the time to replace the shift fork is minimal and you get to do something that you haven't done before. It's a learning oppertunity
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back