• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy at big-o told me that fluid in the tires would tear up the GEARS in the rear end and i said "This is a harvester TRACTOR not a john deere lawnmower we're talkin about",he didn't think that was funny, turns out he's a greeny.oh well

Henri - Tell dip stick I've been runnin water in my 127 tires with wheel weights since '96 and I put it on concrete and with my fast shift foot pedal go F/R/F/R/F/R/F just to leave rubber on the shop floor to show off and show how tough a <font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">I</font></font><font size="+2">H</font> CUB CADET is not to mention dirt trackin it in the driveway.

He's right though, water will ruin the diff and gears and bearings ... that's why HY-TRAN is used to fight it - but not because it's in the tires.

Myron & Kraig:

Thanks for the info on the spring, it had been too long...

Myron:

Just looked at my Owners manual and it says that when operating PTO equipment the throttle should be in the "fast" position.

So according to the book it's WOT when mowing...

Thanks

Ya know, it makes you wonder if guys switched jobs mid stream sometimes.
55790.jpg

55791.jpg

Kinda makes me wish IH would have gone to the next step early on. Can you imagine 104 sized tractor with a 18 horse engine, 3 point and a rear PTO!

What do the 2 clevis on the front of the mower deck attach to?
I am new to the forum - just joined. For 15 years my father-in-laws 122 sat in a shed - it was given to me about 13 years ago. Two weeks ago, I was able to get it running - it runs excellent. I have now moved to the attachment of the mower deck. I have the mower deck attached, however, I can't figure out how or what the two (2) clevis on the front of the deck attach to. Can someone help me?
Thx - Byron

Todd W., those transmisions are actually quite easy to work on. I was a bit uneasy when I started to take the transmission in my Original apart to replace the shift forks but it was actually quite easy to do. I also had to replace one of the gears too.

Bryan M: Clevis?? Do you mean the "eye-bolt" style front hangers?? If so, move the lift handle forward and you will see two arms on the subframe drop down. These arms must be inserted into the "eye-bolt" front hangers on the deck <u>before</u> you attach the rear deck hangers...

Myron B

Todd W., here's a parts diagram of the shift mechanism.

55795.jpg

Terminology:

1) From Websters Unabridged: a U shaped piece of metal with holes in the open ends in which a pin may be inserted.

2) IH often used mock-ups to get the manuals written that sometimes did not actually match the production models.

3) Go to CPE-2 and see if you can find a deck part for that mower defined as a clevis.

4) Despite that posted manual illustration, I cannot find a part or piece of the deck which can be described as a clevis (mostly 'cuz there ain't any).

Myron B

Latest posts

Back