• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 23, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug, just the Magnatrac please.

Charlie, how's this?
proud.gif

Kraig, I got noth'n today, I'll see if I can't get something tomorrow. I'll have to learn how to re-size pis again

Doug, or to keep Charlie happy, feel free to send them via email, that way you can leave them full resolution.
happy.gif
Thanks.

Doug: I'm especially interested because I'm slowly getting a K341 ready to put back on line and have set a goal of putting at least 100 hours on it this season. Seems the biggest chance of failure is not having the hole in the conn rod bearing facing the camshaft. The K341's conn rod was broken (in many pieces) when I got it and I thought that might be the reason, but it was old and on correctly so I'm blaming neglect and carbon build up for its failure, neither of which should be your problem. I'm also under the impression that there's a difference in a K341 rod and a K301/K321 rod and that Kohler doesn't make their own any more.
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

Chris Rolke,

Was showing Dad your pic of your new tractor,
Dad thought if you could find a
"IH Farmall Red Cub Cub Cadet Rear PTO driven right angle Flat Belt Gearbox" like Charlie had listed at onetime might be a nice addition? Just a thought.

Charlie, now its all comin back to me. I"ll send Kraig the pics of that off topic tractor thingy and not post it on the cub forum. to keep this thread on topic - cub cadets rule all the rest drool

Frank A. I hear ya. I like to do things right the first time so I don't have to go back later and redo them. Hope I can figure it out so I don't chew up another crank. btw anyone now how many times the cranks can be cut?

one thing that comes to mind on Dougs rod issue is that little oil hole on the rod for oil, it must go in a specific direction I believe and can be easily missed.

Checked the manual - hole towards cam, checked the engine, the rod is installed correctly

Broken off dipper makes me wonder if there was a clearance problem between the dipper and the pan... OTOH, once a rod seizes to the crank it's bound to look like a grenade went off.... Sure does sound like an oiling problem, whatever the reason.

Latest posts

Back