• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 23, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drglinski

displayname
Daniel Glinski
M. healy

I'm glad to see you corrected the hood ornament. Very nice looking tractor.

Hey all - picked up a sleigh frame for a O snow blade and wondering if the frame arms need to be straightened out to run parallel with the tractor frame and if so what would be a good way to straighten them without damage. Thanks

257732.jpg

Terry,
Just pretend it's a "Thigh Master" and squeeze them together.

Tom - maybe when I was younger but now I'm a little afraid something might bust. And trust me, it wouldn't be the frame!

Hey all. I have not posted on here in many many years. So long ago that I had to have my email and password reset. I see many of the same people are here and many new ones, hope to get back into participating on here again, Still have my cub cadets 106,149,169 (a few of topics have joined in too)and use them all the time.

clutch question: I have a Cub Cadet model 73. Sometimes the clutch engages, sometimes not. The one thing I can see without pulling the entire engine is that the teaser spring is broken into 2 pieces. Does anyone know if that would be the cause? I'd like to have some idea what I'm getting into before I start to pull the engine.

Doug B Welcome with your 1st post, we love talking cubs and other things, with lots of topics. I must ask if you still have your 169 and if so can you send some info to a member? He is building a data base on these rare 169 tractors.

He is looking for a serial number from tractor and the spec and serial number from the engine.
He does not share names, just numbers.

mail info here
[email protected]

Welcome again and thanks

Scott your going to have to fix the spring or else you will start tearing more up.

I cant tell you what it takes on a NF, I have WFs

Dennis,
This is on a 782 and 682 I have rebuilt and repainted from the ground up. I always let the deck run at a idle after I am done for atleast ten min. But thanks to all that have gave me other ideas that may be a better way to go. Thanks Jim

Jeff b thanks for the welcome. Yes I still have the 169. Unfortunately it my beater, never seem to have the time to fix it up. its doing lawn duty right now because the 149 ate another rod. I'll get the numbers and send them to Art A.

Doug,
We know busy around here so chime in when you can, We have several members from Washington

we like pictures beater or trailer queen we don't care.

If you have a specific question for your cubs post em here and wait.

We also have manuals at the bottom and faqs above
and thanks for the info to Art

257735.jpg

Jeff B-do you think the broken teaser spring is what is causing the problem with my clutch? I'm just at a loss because it comes and goes. I think the teaser spring is broken and gets jammed up so the plates won't separate on the clutch. Thanks for your response, it's much appreciated.

Doug B., WELCOME BACK!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif
I saved this screen capture from your profile way back when.

257740.jpg

I always liked the way you routed the exhaust on your loader tractor down and under the tractor and out the right side under the foot rest.

257741.jpg

257742.jpg

257743.jpg

257744.jpg

Thanks Kraig M, WOW the way back machine. I look so young and slim. I still have the 106/loader, It grew six inches longer and got many mods since those pics, and I've gained more counter balance for it

Doug,if the 169 gets in your way ,all come get it .David Seattle

Doug B - I wondered where you disappeared to. I went to the Great Oregon Steam-up last year thinking maybe you'd be there in the tractor pull with your loader (hehe). If I recall you did pretty well the first time. NOW, I have no recollection of you ever having a 169!!!!!!!!!! We need the details on it. Is it a rare 13 fin block????? Does it still have the balance gears??? I've obviously still got mine. Show season is approaching so you're gonna have to get ready.

Will a 129 accept a 44A mower deck and is it enough tractor to handle it well?
Thanks.

I am new to the world of the cub cadet, and continualy read this forum, and was wondering what makes the 169 such a desirable machine?

joel sheehe

I`am interested in this reply also. I thought the 147 was the rarer Cub. i had a 1660 Bolens here with a 13 fin K and sold it. It worked nice and I loved the foot control hydro. I don`t think a 13 fin K was rare. Would be nice to know which tractor were produce as to the numbers build.

The 169 is more sought after due to its low production number of 4005 and it was the first 16hp in a cub but mostly because they ONLY built 4005 of them.

Don I thought you would of known that

Latest posts

Back