Archive through April 21, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody know the approximate weight of a Cadet 126 without accessories?

Frank-

Those springs are a little tricky but not that difficult to install. I think the trick is (what has worked for me) you have to have the clutch partially in the basket which holds/wedges the other side of the spring. The picture you posted of the spring with the hook over the tab is correct and is correctly oriented. Take the spark plug out so turning the crank won't be that hard. Start the first spring then start the second and so on as you turn the basket and work the clutch in towards the engine. The sad part is in about 6 months all three will probably be MIA.

Good luck.

Got a line on a 982 that has engine issues.My question for the gurus is that if anyone can recommend a replacement engine for the original Onan.This tractor comes with a Cat"0" lift,box blade,plow and two-row disc,so even with engine troubles I think it is worth the asking price...if I can find an affordable engine. Any ideas from the masses??
Thanks to all.
Bobby B.

are you guys suggesting i can ditch these springs and save the migraine?

Nick,
None have broken. I always plow the garden first before tilling and it works great.

Don Trend,
Here ya go.
224439.jpg

while cleaning up a 149, I found this very centered, round stamp in the bottom of top rear-end cover.

Anyone know anything about it..

224443.jpg

224444.jpg

Latest posts

Back