• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 21, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
You just gotta love the smell of fresh cured paint in the morning!
224364.jpg

Tristan,
A #2 tiller on a 10 horse? I might be too much equipment for the tractor depending on soil composition. If you have sandy soil, I guess it should do OK.
I noticed Steve B. has a tiller on a 100.

Steve:
Is that your 100? What size is the tiller and how does it perform?

Charlie!
That hood ornament and mirror are PERFECT for a slant grill. That's a keeper!
-R

Charlie, oh that poor 72.
feint.gif

Public service announcement: The image viewing/cropping software that I have been using for over a decade, is now free! It's called VuePrint and is very easy to use. Here's a link where you can download it:

VuePrint

KRAIG - I have to agree. My 72 didn't look that nice when I bought it THIRTY years ago. Least it didn't have a whole bunch of holes drilled in the hood to mount crap with! Has lights and fenders and the extra traction (snow) tires, pretty well optioned tractor!

RAY Leo - I "stared" at the back end of one of those Bulldogs ONE DAY and that was enough for me! That was over 25 yrs ago. Only thing that would have made that day worse was if I had been wearing a BROWN uniform!

Wonder what the forum would say if I put a Mercedes Benz Hood Ornament on one of my cubs..... We refer to it as the "Gun Sight"

Now a Pierce Arrow Ornament (Naked Flying girl) might be a bit to much distraction when operating the tractor....

All,
Charlie's on to something. Not only do we need one of every cub model, we now need one in every shade of yellar! (Won't the wife be happy).

Dennis,
I have to be careful what I say. A close friend of mine rebuilds engines for Chicago Mack. He's does my Kolher rebuilds. . .

Last fall I purchased a 127 with plow and 42" mower deck. As I've already stated, I am very impressed with the 127s ability to plow. This last weekend I removed the plow and installed the mower deck (Main Frame and Knife Unit -38" and 42" Blade- Part 1 (1963-1968) parts for the Cub Cadet 38", 42" 3 Spindle Mower). The two rear only wheels were in the mid height position. I made a pass and realized it was WAY to low, scalping the lawn in some spots. I then set the two wheels on the back for MAX height leveled the deck and started cutting. Still way to low a cut. I downloaded the manual from this site and went through it again thinking I had somehow set up the carriage wrong but everything looks good. In a vault search I see that some poele have welded brackets on the front of the deck with spherical wheels? Any guiance would be greatly appreciated.

Today I drained my first hydro, I am wondering if this looks like used Hytran. I found nowater globs just pure oil

224379.jpg

224380.jpg

Ray... recognize this fine #2?
wink.gif

224386.jpg

Thats behind my 12hp, and I bet the gear drive 10HP has probably as much power to the tiller as a 12hp hydro but thats just a guess? In any case, we will find out sometime in the next month. Soil around here is fairly heavy clay but thats an old garden thats been worked for years and very good loamy soil. But there could be some delays, clutch problems on the 1000 I'll make another post after dinner.

jeff l baker

take the cove off and then brag lol. Charlies aim with the paint ain`t that good , I have seen a painted finger or two.

Charlie
I like the mirror its good to see back for us old guys.I have thought of that for a few tractors I have .but the bell is well not needed to have some fun.kinda like loosing points to the better half lol.

Robert Klein
A few years ago Charlie sold me a deck gauge to get my cub tractor mowing . Don`t think it was big money he just had to prove he was right.Dang I do hate people that come out right to much .

jeff l baker
now take the cover off and see if the hytran did its job an caught any water. those snot balls won``t drain with the cover on lol. My .02

Terry Busch, has any of your tiller tines broken since you rebuilt them? And how much Kasenit did you use for the job? I just got done with the welding and grinding. Made them the same as you did yours. Looks like they will dig like crazy. Thanks, Nick

Don,,, After yanking cover and standing the cub up on its back wheels I sill had no water globs or snot balls. Thats why I was wondering if it looked like used Hytran

Latest posts

Back