• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 21, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gerry,
greenthumb.gif

Sorry for extending the off topic Friday into Saturday, but here's the photos for Marty of where the long PTO shaft goes. Photos are of my mom's X585.

First photo is of where the mid PTO output is located on the differential. In this photo the mower deck is connected to the PTO output shaft.

322568.jpg

Next is where the long PTO shaft connects to the captive through shaft on back side of the front axle.

322569.jpg

And this is where the captive through shaft comes out the front of the front axle. The snow thrower or other front mounted attachments that require power connect up to this.

322570.jpg

Thanks Kraig.
Yes, Friday has run on into Saturday for sure.

I spent a little over 12 hours today still cleaning up the water and mess in the basement from the flooding.
Been at it all week, and still have plenty of cleaning up to do. Think I got all the water up though.

Charlie,

It is cooling down here now. Yesterday's low was 70. This morning it was 68!
lol.gif

Sorry...yeah...I'm referring to the 129. I was told it's much better to separate the tractor to access the cork gasket. (?) Fenders are already off. The entire tractor is stripped down to the frame - engine is out too since that broke a rod back in June.

Keith S.
So if you want to waste a day splitting it, go for it.
Or spend 15 minutes and jump on that sucker and get it fixed!
beer2.gif

Digger,"jump on that sucker and get it fixed"...say what? Sorry but this sort of advice is not really all that helpful. Can you elaborate and clarify a bit? I'm told the cork gasket is far less accessible without actually having the transaxle separated from the rest of the tractor. Makes sense but I have no prior experience to draw from. All the linkages are already disconnected - what remains are the 6 (I think) bolts.

Keith S.
I did a 1450 2 weeks ago. Took me dang near a hour to get the freakin fenders off and 15 minutes to pop the pump and replace the gasket.
Pic for visual effect.
322572.jpg

Maybe you need the Service manual.
CLICK HERE

Digger...I have the manual..but thanks for taking the time to send the link to it. So I assume you did all the work from the underside of the tractor? With the frame in the way, it just looks like it'd be a harder job - or did you lift the front end of the tractor? Either way, I came this far - and guys on the onlycubcadets forum have been telling me it's best to separate, so I guess I'll go that route. Maybe I'll hear from someone here who has done it that way and can advise me on my original inquiry regarding where to place the jack. Thanks....

Back