• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 21, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theodore A, Matt G: This is a punch designed for use with spirol pins. Look closely and you will see that little ole round protrusion at the end of the punch. That little difference causes the spirol to contract its diameter and thus easily removed. Of course, some PB Blaster helps also...These punches are readily available. I've seen 'em at Case/IH dealers, for example.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom
82978.jpg

KRAIG - On My old 129 I always lost the solid front pin on the drive hub on the engine. It would fly out....with some force I might add. The drive hub was really worn on that tractor. Even the SS hose clamp repair wouldn't help for more than a couple hours. Rear pin & rag joints were never a problem

Denny, I've never had the solid dowel pin come out or shear, but I have sheared the Spirol pin on my #1 125.
dunno.gif
<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

I had though about using some of that green pre cleaner filter foam, if i can find a way to secure it to the bottom of the cap, so it will filter out most of the sandy topsiol dust that gets stirred up after the AGs take out the vegitation on the back hill, as well as those danged dandilion feathers.
As far as the bolens gearbox driven deck, could it be made into a dragbehind mower, or are the rotations off?(with use of the 90 deg.gearbox)

GLEN - I wouldn't trust just that flimsy green foam sleeve to the life & health of an engine I cared about. Do a Google on "DONALDSON", they're the largest mfg. of air filtration systems for OEM mfg's of all types of construction, ag, road, etc. equipment that I know about right now.

I'm pretty fussy about air & oil filters on My stuff. I won't even use K&N's because I can see "Millions of points of Light" through them even when new. (There, Now I've started the next Great Air Filter debate again!
bash.gif
)

Why dont 'ya just make a frame from some hardware cloth and put a white "tube sock" over it? When it gets dirty, give it to your wife to throw into the laundry !
joker.gif
roflol.gif

I think I seen the dates in my newest Harvester Highlights. I plan to have both of our red cub cadets there if at all possible. Mike and Michele T

Jerry, you can run the factory muffler, avaible from your local cub dealer for around 14-16 bucks. Looks good and keeps the factory look. You can also get the "IH-1" muffler from TSC or Rural King and do up a farm tractor style stack complete with weather flapper cap. Or, if you can still turn the elbow in the block, mount the later 149 style muffler that exhausts to the right side, that will be very quiet, just not factory. The stack you have to be carefull of not burning yourself or others as it gets very hot. When I had my CCO, I ran the factory muffler as I prefer that look on the Originals. Cheers Mike

Dennis.
No not a tapered pin but a grooved pin.
I was useing a spriol pin in the drive shaft to engine coupler.
This is the second spriol pin I have sheared in 4 months, I have not had any luck with the replacement pins from MTD staying in the driveshaft. they worked their way out within hours of being installed.
I am hoping that this style pin will stay put better than the replacement pins from MTD and hold up better than the spriol pin.
I was not useing a coil pin, aka cheap hardwear store pin.

Latest posts

Back