• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmiller

displayname
Michael A. Miller
dunno.gif

Is there an easy way to tell a KT17 series II from a series I? Like maybe a decal on the air cleaner or something? I'm hoping to find a series II in my 682 when I pick it up next week.

Michael - All the Series II's that I've seen have the II decal on side of the air cleaner cover. I hope that's what you find. I'm sure there are other ways to tell the difference, too, but I don't know them.

Greg,
Thanks, I'm new to this red tractor stuff and ignorant.

James C,
I can't believe you stretched grade 8 bolts. Must have been a bad lot. Yes, a machinist could make bolts like that, but the hitch is they have to be heat treated to make them hard and then tempered to make them tough. Alot of work and not cost effective when you can buy them somewhere.

Sorry Charlie, Like I said, I'm new to 'em and ignorant.

Charlie - are you talking about the CCC and MTD forum? I didn't find a forum listed for red IH built tractors.

Michael M.

All KT-17 Series II engines will have a spec number of 24300 or higher. All will have a 1/8" NTP hex plug right below the dipstick for checking oil pressure. Some may also have an oil filter block off plate on the lower right front side of the block.

Went to an auction and had very fleeting thoughts of an 18hp magnum in the 72. Then the bid went higher... good-bye. Couldn't bring myself to chop the frame tho, ever. 1200 is great Charlie! Can't thank you enough! But now with the new addition the group is too large and has to be thinned. Neither cub is leaving, I get too attached to my stuff! Letting go is hard!

===

Electrical is great now.

Started up, and within 30 seconds... the PTO clutch blew apart.

Took a look and found that all 3 throw out levers were blown out, and the thrust button was worn down to about 30% of it's original thickness. I have no idea how the clutch assembly was staying together for the past 10 years.

Well, the pto wasn't that worn 10 yrs ago,
err.gif

I think I'm going insane, my buddy Tom is looking at a 1650, 50in deck, 36in snowblower. Price unkown to me as of yet, IF he gets it I'll go crazy! That's okay, I have my sights on a 1X8/9 sitting in a patch of woods, boy my dad is really gonna bust my chops if I get it, but it'll be worth it! Take care I'm off to cubland!(Dreams)

When I push my 100 to full throttle it pushes itself gradually back to about half whether under load or not, anyone know why/how to fix this?

Henri.......there should be a hole in the side of the dash tower, that you can get a 7/16th..nut driver in there to tighten it up!...
beerchug.gif

Michael M.

If your 682 is not fortunate enough to have a series II, and you want to find one, the spec number series II you need for an 82 series is 24302.

Hello, Michael I did not say I would have to pay for the bolts (haha). But I might see what would hold up to the heat of jet aircraft.

Michael M.-

How to tell a Series I from a Series II...Series I's usually have a broken rod....
lol.gif

Well..Those blasted balance gears got my 169. Ventilated it like a bomb going off. Continued to run even after it was ventilated...

Have to find me a replacement shortblock...it even broke my cam cover/filler tube and ruined the dipstick....

Next one will not have them inside! First cub to ever blow up ....knock on wood!

Latest posts

Back