• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 20, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kurt, nothing like shooting yourself in the foot! :eek:)

Jeff D., <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> did! It's a model "59M".
27470.jpg

Yeah I know...Wish the pics woul've turned out better...The Cheshire Cat Grin on his face was worth it...When he's out of town they'll migrate to my place any way....

Thanks Kraig
beerchug.gif

I knew it was a good idea
clappy.gif

I guess it's safe to assume that the chippers aren't too common. Do you have anymore pictures from different angles? (front, opposite side)

Thanks
wave.gif
Jeff

KRAIG....You could add the hydro clutch disconnect kit (190-427) to a slushbox and it will start easier than a gear drive..........in winter.

Ken, yes, I could but I don't have any issues getting my 125 to start in the winter. :eek:)

Just when you thought it was safe to put the snow blade away and attach the mower deck. Its snowing here in Eau Claire.
Nice thing about Wis. weather is if you don't like it just waite 24 hours and it will change, not always for the better but it will change.

Was busy yesterday, got the motor oil changed in the 72,102,& 123. Next on the list is new oil& filter for the 123's hydro, than full oil change on the 3235.

Went to the Pioneer Power Show Swap meet today. This followed me home. Couldn't pass up a $65 dicker.
27490.jpg

I decided to check out the new 48 inch deck a got last fall on my new 147. The idler pulley bearing was shot so I got a new pulley. I also noticed one of the bolt holes for my center casting is busted off. I am going to take it to my brothers place for a cast iron re-weld tomorrow.
27491.jpg

All and all it was a good cubbing day today. A little hunting and a little fixing. I might even get to mow some lawn this weekend, for the first time this year.
thumbsup.gif

Shredder, shredder, shredder. 59M's don't chip a dang thing
wink.gif

Kraig -

Ya forgot the result pic!
lol.gif

27494.jpg

That's what's left of the Coke can after it went THRU the 59M...

Well after a super day with Kraig and a neat old 91 year old man, I got me a cool addition to the herd.
27497.jpg

And yes your seeing right on the starter!
27498.jpg

So my yard needs a lot of work, and something tells me you guys like to take your cubs places and put them to work, so an idea is hatching in my brain. Any of you guys lawn experts? I'm thinking we tear the grass out and re-grade the whole yard. A bunch of you Illinois guys could come out and we could make a day of it. However, I don't want to start a project like this until later this year because I have a few other projects on the burner. So does anyone know if you can put a lawn in late summer? Or should we just wait until next spring? If there is someone with a chipper attachment and a day to kill, I have some weed trees that need chipping. I’ll probably rent a chipper though, some of the branches I need chipped are quite large.

So I've seen this cub with a one armed bucket on it. I am intrigued by this. That looks like something pretty useful. Building an old school front-end loader could be pretty fun. I love the 1250 I have and I sure want to get it perfect and mowing like a dream, and it will probably be all I could ever need, but reading all these posts, something in me is itching to get an older slant grill tractor, something like a 125 or something. But that’s crazy right, who needs more than one tractor?
lol.gif

Chuck "F",
Everyone <u>needs??</u> more than one tractor!
Late summer/early fall is the best time to install a lawn.

That's what I told her too
devil2.gif
Of course our agreed upon limit is two. In about 3 1/2 hours it'll be three.
happy.gif

The
new.gif
one will be a 1200. Oh no! Another wideframe gear drive!

This counts only what's here. There's two Farmall's in Missouri. hehehe

(Message edited by rmunday on April 23, 2005)

Terry B.

I checked the regulator out and it was toast. Bought a new one and want to connect it right this time. Only this one has 4 terminals on it: Field, Batt. Gen and L. My plan is to connect the yellow field wire to the filed term. Gray wire to the BATT terminal and the LT. Blue wire to the Gen terminal. Question is, is there anything that should be connected to the L terminal? Thats where I went wrong on the previous regulator.

Was 80 something degrees the other day here in Northern Illinois, and I now look out the window and it's snowin'! SOB 8-(

Well I put in the time yesterday & re assembled my 109, it went almost as easy as the tear down.Still got a couple things to finish up but am very pleased with the result. Thank you all for answering all my questions without having to ask,This place rocks!!!

Hi Guys,
I'm about ready to scream. I just had finished the hood, cast iron front, etc. which I painted on my 149. I mounted the new hinge, and when it tipped forward, it cracked the paint on the corners and in the center near the hinge. What did I do wrong? It was a new hinge for a 149, (bought at my 50 year old IH dealer down the road). I noticed the older hinge on the 1650 I own doesn't allow the hood to go as far forward. Please help me.

Also what suggestions do you guys have for snugging up the hood, it seems to rattle (I know it going to rattle some-- it's an IHCC!) but would like to try and reduce the noise.

Lastly, I just bought a 126 that has cracking occuring on the front bolts of the hood (like we've all seen before). I'm looking for good ideas from the pros on how to stop the destruction of my tractors hoods.

Thank you guys you're the best.

Latest posts

Back