• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 20, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Richard,

Your 50C IS a Caddy!!!!!! very nice work!!!

Jim-
Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the one on the left is for foreward operation and the other is for reverse. If you swap the two around you'll still use fluid, but I'd think the rate would be reduced.

Chuck F. here are some mods I did to my mule drive to beef it up a bit. Not real clear is where I drilled out the holes on the mounting frame and added bushings.
27409.jpg

Steve B., does your 100 have Carlisle Tru Power or Carlisle Super Lug tires or are they a different brand?

27411.jpg

James H.
Just a thought before you replace your relief valve, try cleaning it. Sometimes they have junk in them and you can fix them. Here is a picture of the older relief valves with the manual release but yours looks the same underneath.

27413.jpg

Remove the rubber o-rings and the plastic ring. The plastic ring is cut so it can be removed without breaking. Clean the valve in a good solvent and then use air to blow it out. I usually give them a good shot of air directly in the bottom hole. When you do you should see the metal ball move up. Hit it with the air several times. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't but it is worth a try. Then replace the O-rings and plastic ring in the correct postions.
I should mention also that be sure you don't get any dirt down in the hydro when you remove the valve.

Wyatt
Which left, from the front or rear of the tractor? Here is a picture I took to remember.

27414.jpg

Kraig,

They are Carlisle Power Trac's

Check out www.carlisletire.com under the "Big Biter" heading.

(Message edited by sblunier on April 20, 2005)

Steve, thanks! The 2 tires I mentioned are 6-12 sizes and I was hoping the 23-8.5x12 style tire you have was available in 6-12.

Richard C.

Thanks for the picture and cleaning instructions. I will give it a try tonight. The one I noticed leaking is marked 'R' in your photo. It leaked most when idling, parked. I removed the engine last night for a rebuild so I really can't check it though I might see if my .5" drill has the torque to turn it - I doubt it though.

Thanks
-Jim

TCBUSCH: Wiring problem. I will try a few things and get back to you using your example. Thanks.

For you Orange County Chopper fans,

I recall a few on this site. I took my son Tim to the OCC shop today, We thought we were going t the show room, any way we looked over and there was the shop. So we pulled up saw signs posted not open to public and out walks Mikey carrying a box.

My 16 year old darts over and says Hi Mike can I get an outograph Mike says how about a picture. So da gets the job of taking the pictue with my sons digital camera. Mikeysays come back at noon shakes hands and off he goes. We get in the car an no picture on the camera. Oh **** here it comes.
So the great day turns into a fiasco dad is at fault.

Off to the show room and buy some t shirts. Back at noon low and behold out walks Paulie Jr. This time my wife takes the picture. Say hi to Vinny in the door way and shake hands exchange a few words and everything is all better. Pheeew what a day. At least I'm half of the hook.

And to keep it on topic just up the road in Walden NY tons of old tractors.

George H

Ok, So the question of the day would be!
Who is this and where was this picture taken?
27428.jpg

Thw winner will get a prize of MY choosing and it will be something Cub Cadet related that you DON'T have. I guarantee!

Charlie, you gonna make me post a response twice?

Is it Big Bean McMeen? At a state fair?

OK, I assume that I'm correct that it's one of our <strike>fearful</strike> fearless leaders. :eek:)

Would that be from the Quad Cities?

George H.,
Where Ya been? Hope to see you at Kent on 4/30-5/1
Slaters in Walden NY sold out all its Cub and Gravely inventory, how long ago did you pass by it? I used to love going up there, great boneyard for Cub Stuff.
Kenny

Charlie -

A prize???

Oooh, oooh, I know the answer!!!
roflol.gif

Bryan McMeen at the Science & Industry Museum in Chicago, IL...( IH sponsered ag exhibit....too bad JD has it now...)

Charlie, do I get at least half a prize for getting the "who" correct? :eek:p

Latest posts

Back