• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 18, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the dismantling of my 72 is underway this is so much easier with a manual!
I'm about ready to unbolt the motor and pull it out. Then I need to move the needed bits from the old motor to the new motor and bolt it up.
Which brings up a question, I don't know what the carb is and haven't yet found any useful marks on it. One of our sponsors lists a carb kit for a 72 but actually has 3 different ones... What are the tell tales to know which carb I have?

Wish me luck, the shop I'd planned to use for this job is on vacation for a couple more days, by the time they get back I'll have to be at work. So I'm doing the work in the back of my pickup truck at my apartment complex. Getting some wierd looks but nobody's complained yet.

Still can't find a supplier for a sediment bowl. Further inspection of the manual reveals that it might not be the wrong one but it does appear to need a gasket...

27331.jpg

27332.jpg

27333.jpg

27334.jpg

I am mounting a tiller on my 129. What lifts the tiller?? My manual from Binders does not show much.

Does anyone have a pic of how the tiller is lifted. Perhaps I am missing some parts.

Thanks

Curt R.-

It may not matter which of the 3 you use....

One time I went to a kohler dealer to get a carb kit for a 122. They wanted to know the serial and spec numbers. Recently I went to the local CC dealer to get another carb kit for a 125, but all they needed to know was the engine model. And both of those carb kits had exactly the same parts.

GREAT CUB WEEKEND...LOOK WHAT I FOUND.....YES I KNOW I'M YELLING...BUT I CAN'T HELP IT...
27342.jpg

27343.jpg

27344.jpg

Also got a 72 with fenders and a 100 with creeper,
fenders,headlights,Grote tail light,sleeve hitch and helper spring...Will post pics later...KURT

(Message edited by krandall on April 18, 2005)

Can someone post a close up picture of a points assembly installed?
Thanks,

Had to cut down a tree today before it fell on the neighbors house.
Gave me a chance to use the grapple. The last picture was a bit heavy.
I was light it the bumper moving that one around.
27350.jpg

27351.jpg

27352.jpg

Kurt,

You missed your 782 so much you had to buy it's oil burning replacement?????

I don't blame you, I would be shouting too!!!!! Very nice find!!!!!!

Yes Steve following you at Travis's gave me alot of strange feelings and one was for another 782...
Just stumbled on this one...It was the old rumor that I had heard about for a year....Guys got it and does'nt use it..It just sits in the barn low hours..Driven to church on Sundays only...You know the kind...We'll the friend called Saturday aftenoon and said the guy was home and wanted to sell...Sooo I took off faster than a prom dress and It was true...1007 hours, front hyd.ports and he said he'd hold it till I got the money around
Super nice guy...So time to clean house and get some funds together and buy a smoker....
buttrock.gif

Latest posts

Back