• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 18, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan, but you don't have anything better to do, or do ya?
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I can hear Bryan's right hand pounding Kraig upside the head all the way over here
happy.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Only downside is that it makes upgrading a royal PITA because of all the places a modification has to be made again. Those in IT understand this.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Um, couldn't you just diff the files?

Rick M. -

Yeah, I got lots of time for that
wink.gif

Remember, this is all on a Windoze server 5 or so states away - it's not like I have access to the console, ya know?

Rick, please note that I used the more obvious yellow smile faces rather than my usual ":eek:)" text version and to be extra sure Bryan understood, I posted 4 of 'em. ;o)

Hey Digger, duh! I should have looked there first. I printed off a few things from the FAQ, thanks for pointing it out. I was wondering why not use smething more robust like the phpBB Groups forum? We could have threads instead of everyone posting everything all on one page. It's just a thought, then you could have stickies at the top of each forum topic. One that says "Hey ding dong read the FAQ's!"

Chuck

Kraig - I know, just tickled me. I could see Bryan goign for the wind up
happy.gif

Naw, he just throws his hands up in the air in defeat. :eek:)

27377.jpg

Okay so another update.
Got the old K161 out of the 72, stripped off the gas tank. The sediment bowl doesn't look bad and somebody emailed me offering a gasket so I think I'll just clean it up and replace the gasket and it should be okay. The carb seems okay so I'll plan on reusing it as is for now, the engine ran before it broke the connecting rod after all. I think this is likely a replacement engine, the bolts holding it in are not all the same. The paint on it is the same as the tractor, brushed on, they even brushed the mower deck yellow.

Found out I don't know where any of my pullers are so it'll have to wait until this weekend when I can get into my friend's shop to make the next step. Does anybody know what size bolts I need for the puller on the flywheel?
Also the fiber thingie in the front PTO clutch seems to be falling apart a bit. I don't even know what to call it when I go looking for parts. Any help?
Thanks

Curt,

Look for "PTO button" there is a brass/ bronze one that seems to be the craze, or at least it was back in the day.
wink.gif

Chuck F. -

If you study your history (ie, read the transcripts of the OLD Voyager days of this forum) you'll note that it's ALWAYS been in a list format here in this topic, as well as in some of the other topics. But we have threads in The Litter, I mean, Sandbox.

Thus, the Discus software DOES allow threaded discussions, but the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Democracy of Two&#153;</FONT> have decided against using it everywhere.

QED

Found it Tedd, thanks. Looks like I need a PTO clutch rebuild kit. I think I need style B but I'll have to take the one I have apart to be sure. I suspect I should get a button while I'm at it. Not sure if mine is worn or not, but for $11...

Charlie......... Thanks for the pic of the forks. Just what I need.......

I have started beekeeping and need a fork lift to lift pallets with hives. With plenty of Cubs and not enough cash to buy a forklift this seems like an alternative.

Now to just run one down!!

just bought a hydro nf it has no tag on rear.it has bean painted i need to know what mod it is.it has 12 hp kol k301a s#47376b has hyd lev on l side pto lev on l side.can ab help me?

Are there any records...how many of the QL models had optional front hydraulics installed?
Dean

I'm still fight'n a short with a new wiring harness. Beginning to think it might be the starter solonoid. When I put a meter on the solonoid S/G terminal post and then to the small starter post on the solonoid, ther is a completed circuit . But if if I put the meter on the Battery post of the solonoid and touch the small starter post on the solonoid, there's no circuit. AND, if I touch th LT. Blue wire from the L terminal on the regulator to the s/g side on the starter solonoid, it archs. What the heck have I done wrong? Yellow field wire from S/G goes to the F post on the regulator. Gray wire from neg. side of amp. meter goes to the BAT post on the regulator. Would appreciate any help trying to figure this out!

Latest posts

Back