• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 17, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks TOM H.it seems like its hard on the engine, is there anyway it could over rev on its own going down a very steep grade?youve got me pegged tom my buddys got a fridge in his garage and I dont,I gotta be careful I have 2 state boys that live in my neighborhood.

Michael-
If it were me, I'd try some miratic acid.(Available in the "pool" section of your local Building Supply store.)

The usual cautions apply when working with acids. Wear eye protection and gloves, stay upwind of the acid, etc.

I think the little 7's have more tendency to pick up rpm coasting, at least mine have been that way. The 12's I've had didn't do that, I'm sure the added compression helps. Now that would be something cool, a Jacobs brake on a Kohler, be a little tough tryin to do that though. But...would be pretty easy to build an exhaust brake like diesel pick up's use...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Kraig Mc. thanks for the pics of the aux. hyd. set up. Thats what I had in mind. Got a small hyd pump but not sure of its pressure or gpm, and a power steering pump, gonna hook them up on work bench to a valve and cylinder to see which one works best then go from there to the 1250. Ive got some old cylinders that raise the reel on a combine header that will raise anything I would need. I really injoyed the pics, that was a really neat set up. Didnt get to cub around any today, still cleaning fences from the major ice storm we had awhile back. It was the worst in recorded history for our neck of the woods. wondering if Ill ever get the trees all cleaned up. My cub has earned its keep.
bash.gif

Adding hydraulics to my 127 for snow plow can I connect two seperate control valves in series just put a hose in between them for the out of one to the in of the other. I know when one is actuated the second one wont be able to or should I tee off the main line and go to each of the valves and tee the two out hoses back to the tank?? Thank you for any input.

Ken M.

I'd let the engines/xmsn slow them down. You really shouldn't have much of an over rev problem unless the governor linkage needs adjustment. Nice 782

Frank; Good time to remove the balance gears if it has them.
Michael; Use course sand and water. Just be sure to wash it all out when you are finished.

hey guys rewiring the O, for the ground wire would it be better to use the engine mounting bolt or keep it on the fan shroud?thanks in advance.

Ken M:
Get a hydro - just pull the "ground speed" lever back
roflol.gif

Its been so nice out here the past few days that dad decided to get a little seat time in.
Shift.gif

Of course with a little help from mom
150011.jpg

Lchockensmith,
I see you have one of the early versions of the small-block engines...
I see it's already board, but be careful of splinters if you stroke it.
Wooden you know, I saw another just like it yesterday.

OK, an over bored short block. I thought it might be a battery for a half a hybrid tractor.<font size="-2">Gas power to be added later</font>
Shift.gif

Taking it easy today,thought I would post my only running Cub!
150022.jpg

bouncy.gif

I've been working my blade. First in my stone driveway. It worked well but something was binding. Today I cut a grade in the front of the house so that I could put up a fence with all my extra money. This time I found the bind. I'm over torquing my lift rod for some reason. I want to be concerned as I want no problems when I get 12" of snow to move. But the yard was mostly clay. Should I be worried?
yikes.gif

I'm over torquing my lift rod. It's bending outward... flexing. I have a proper length rod for a narrow frame. I'm worried this might be a QA issue.
Thanks.

M.Lies, if they are regular valves found on cub cadets like a 149 put them in series, they return flow to the tank port in the centered position. If they were put in parallel, you would not be able to build up pressure as the flow would all go to the tank through the valve that is in the centered position. It will work as you mentioned that only one of the valves can be actuated at a time.

Had the whole family out working on the yard today. My three daughters pulling sweeper and picking up grass, wife taking care of the fire and myself running the 1450 pulling the estate rake. Got all three acres thatched, burnt and cleaned up in 3 1/2 hours. Cant beat free labor!

150025.jpg

R Pepper: What is an "estate rake"? Your photo does not show much detail. Thanks

T Janssen: Sorry, inquirey should have been addressed to you not R Pepper. What is an estate rake?

Back