• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 16, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vince - I can't afford to pay the crazy prices the 16 HP Kohler's bring. Last Kohler I rebuilt 2 years ago was a +.010" O/S K241. The piston, rings, wrist pin and keepers was just over TWO HUNDRED STINKING DOLLARS! The satellite exh valve was almost $100, rod was $100, gasket kit was $80+.

I haven't priced what OEM Kohler parts would cost now, but you can rebuilt a small block Chevy or Ford for about the same money for parts.

The K341 always had a premium on parts since some of them were specific to the K341 only. I think part of the rebuild parts price increase is due to Kohler switching to Mahle as a supplier for pistons & rods. They're good, and expensive.

Josh S.
295939.gif
This is Fancy claiming Kitty Dibbies on one of your top links. Just send Marlin the bill. I keep telling him that it will be called the Pow'r CAT. I talked him into giving me the re-powered 108 and half interest in the 782D so now I'm up to two and 1/2 Cub Cadets. Not bad for a kitty.
295940.gif

Both 1650s have the cradle mod. I couldn't part with either tractor. They may have little nuances only still they are one heck of a working Cub Cadet. I have to see if a friend still is holding an overhead valve 18 hp Kohler for me. Now THAT would make a nice engine if I can install it into a Quietline.
happy.gif

Off to work soon. Then hopefully it doesn't rain because Ian and I have to do a trunion repair on his 127. I need to find the part numbers for McMaster Carr brake pad material that Steve B. posted awile back. We need to make some new pads for a couple of Cub Cadets.

Have a safe a wonderful weekend.

I can't take credit for posting brake lining material.....somebody else gets that credit....

Thought I would put a 50" deck on the 106 this year. My yard is kind of rough so 1st gear is the only gear my old back can take. It has had a 48" on it the last 15 years. I spent last Saturday modifying the mule drive to get the right angles for the belt and have it line up to the clutch pulley. Then I found out the cross shaft that the leveling link goes over is about 1/4-1/2" closer to the front. Ground out a half moon in the center and then it fit fine. Today I put on the deck and here is what I got.

295942.jpg

295943.jpg

295944.jpg

There is no room for any float above the cutting height.

Wes how's that diesel going?

I am getting a misspelling notice when posting is it me or is this new?

The next thing out of the shed is the camper. Then I can get to the diesel and pull it back to the garage and get back to work on it.

I need some advice from the experts. I'm still looking for a 149 and found one that is "restored". What should I expect to have been done mechanically and how do I tell if it has been done right? What questions do I ask the seller to ascertain exactly what quality of work went into the resto? Also, assuming I get the right answers, how do I locate someone in the area to verify what I'm being told? This tractor is about 1000 miles from me. Thanks.

Back