• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 16, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom And others....

Yes, lengthening the 3pt. top link will "flatten" the plow. Most 3pt. plows I have seen need to be "carried" down the field, especially on Supers as their 3pt. "float" is very limited.

Steve, Tom, Tedd, Travis.
From what I have learned here in the past day I gather that the cat.0 3point plow needs to be carried by the tractors 3point.

If I adjust the top turnbuckle/link any longer the plow point will be pointing up and rideing on the tail of the landslide. This I know is wrong.
I have the instructions on how to set up the plow and also have used what I have learned here and from accross the street as to how to properly set up the plow. I should have taken photos of how the plow sat in the furrow, but silly me I forgot my camra back at the house. But here is a photo of what I am working with.
35088.jpg

(photo taken 2 years ago, tractor has different rear tires and plow no longer is 12" but 10" moldboard.)

I have about 4 inches of built in float in the 3point lift, and I was hopeing to use it so the plow would stay in the ground as the tractor rides over the high and low spots in the feild.

Again from what I have learned I guess useing the float is out and I will have to be quick enough to adjust the plow accordingly as the tractor rolls across the high and low spots.

Thanks again for all the help.

Oh, Brian M.
I know the tractor is not IH but the plow is.

(Message edited by lbuttke on April 18, 2006)

what is this hole in the dash for? i noticed it on my 1250 and someone elses 1450.
35092.jpg

It's for the hydro travel stop/speed control indicator.......missing in that photo.

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have a question to post about the proper adjustment procedure for the hydro/brake/dash speed contol linkage, on my 1650.I repaired the trunnion spring assembly last year, but I don't think the linkage is adjusted correctly. If I push the brake pedal down all the way, the pump linkage doesn't go to neutral,and the dash speed control will not go to the neutral position.}

Thanks Charlie,
I will adjust the linkage as per the text and see what happens.
Bob

Tedd,
By adjusting the top link on a Cat "O" or "1" plow the piviot point is now on the lower links.

BTW I got the part # from the owner of the "Blue" plow, it's 10BH0001 Series 100. Hmmmm do ya' think the "BH" means sompthin'?

I still need some information about a 149 3 point hitch lift bar. I removed a hitch from a 108 intending to put it on a 149 but the lift bar doesn't appear to be interchangeable. Any help will be appreciated. A photo would be great but even the length will help.

Question for the guru's out there. My father and I are in the middle of resurrecting/restoring a 122 and among the missing parts is the clutch driveshaft cover. Was the one on it originally solid or 'perforated'?

Bill, the lift bar should be the same for both the 108 and the 149 part number IH-545638-R3.

Kraig, could some of the 122's have had the perforated cover, I have two 122's and the origiona PO of one was my dad, he said he doesn't remember ever changing that cover. I am getting ready to do a complete teardaowm and restore and would like to make sure I have the right parts.
Thanks

Bill G. -

You sure it's a 108? 1x8 is just the gear drive version of the 1x9 - the parts should be interchangeable.

Ken, Bill, William, it is entirely possible that the perforated guard was added during the 1x2 series run due to the introduction of the 123 which would have required air flow to cool the hydro. What are the S/Ns of your 1x2 Cubs? I bet the solid guards are on early S/N Cubs and the perforated guards are on later S/N Cubs.

The serial # off of mine is 150902. According to the resources online, that puts the build date between April and May of 1966.

Latest posts

Back