• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdrudis

displayname
Tim Drudis
whats your opinion. Cub 100's compared to their larger relatives. Workhorse or weak horse?

Tim,
A cub cadet 100 with a good strong running 10hp Kohler is a great workhorse.
Even when you add taller tires not designed to be put on a cub cadet they are a workhorse.
54943.jpg

No longer able to mow grass with the deck due to the larger tires, but in the garden it pulls the disk, cultivator just fine, and next month after the ground dries out I will get to see how well it pulls a moldboard plow.
It is a tad bit tippy on uneven ground and the need to slow down going around corners is a must though.

Heres a shot of my fleets of cubs,
3235, 129,127,72,100
54947.jpg

The only thing I would do different is get more cubs so I would not have to change equipment attached to the cub when I need to use a different pice of equipment, but that would be far to exspencive for now.

David E:

With regards to the leaking relief valve, replacing it with a new or good used one is normally the only remedy for that situation.

Lonny,

I put some chrysler rim's and tires on my 100 for a laugh and almost tipped it over. Luckily the front axle hit the frame and prevented me from going over. It looked cool, it went fast but I would not suggest doing it.

Tim.
I am thinking real hard about getting me another set of rims and tires and putting duals on this 100-go-fast to make it a bit more stable. But than I would have to also build a set of dual adapters, build a wider front axle, ah nuts. Best if I just keep others off it so they don't get hurt.

Hello,

I have aquired a 149, it has been sitting for some years. I put a new battery in it, The soliniod clicks but it won,t turn over however I can turn the engine manually. Has anyone had starter problems like this and if so do you have any suggestions as to my course of action?

Thanks,
Ksalcedo

Kevin - Check the battery cables , ground to frame (remove rust/paint), solenoid cable for corrosion. Key switch spades on backside may be corroded or contact cleaner may need sprayed inside.

Hellooooo out there!!! No body home. Guess they're all out there in the corn state plowing.
coffee.gif
}

Lyle - Helloooo from Iowa, just headin' out to PD13. I stopped out at the site Friday evening and things were getting spun up pretty well. (Unfortunately, I'm only spectating this year; hope to have my 782 ready for next year.) I'm sure there'll be a lot of pictures and comments available from plowers in the coming days, on the appropriate forum .

(By the way, I see by your profile that you're retired Navy. I flew a desk in the USAF for 21 years, myself (paralegal). I stayed in that long because I didnt't know what I wanted to be when I grow up. Now I'm 52 & still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but I got a pension!)
beer2.gif

Hey Lip- Glad you made out there!! I"m hoping I get to attend next year, as couple plows been setting out in shed for 6 years now and never hooked up. Yep, retired in 73 from 1st job.(USN)
Never flew a desk but did carry a bunch of bandaides!! Tell all I said hello and good luck!
old.gif

hey guys,
i'm having some trouble with the front axle pivot pin on my 100. it has siezed into the front axle. the roll pin has sheared off and the pivot pin actually pivots in the frame instead of the axle. you can see where the previous owner has whacked the heck outta the pin with no avail. i need to remove it because im sending everything over for sand blasting. i tried smacking it with all my might but its just going to mushroom the pivot pin. what do you guys recommend? i cant put it into a press because the frame is so long. thanks!

Oliver K.

I had the same problem with my 100. I cut the axle pin on both sides of the axle using a hacksaw. Then I pressed out what was left of the axle pin.

Oliver,
Soak the h--- outta' it with some good penatating and then try putting some heat to it.

Just got home from work and then a Wedding. DAMN I wish I was at Plow Day!! 8-( Don't for get those pix.

Oliver,

Have you tried heating up the axle up?

Get it good and hot, give a good hard rap.

Oliver, I had one that was stuck so bad I had to burn it out with the torch. This is done by drilling a hole all the way thru the pin up-to at least 1/2" then you can split in two by torching right down the middle. You have to be careful around the holes in the frame but once you are into the cast iron part you can't hurt it be cause cast iron is very hard to burn with a torch.
Of course this is a worst case solution but it can be done if all else fails.
Most of the 100's didn't have a grease Zerk there and they tend to seize hard, I used heat,hammers, PBBlaster, and anything else you could think of and nothing worked.
GOOD LUCK!

Hi, I've got my 104 acting up again and went to the FAQ page but I had my cub go dead and not even fire when turning over. I cut grass for 20-30 minutes and the spark plug wire came loose and went dead I squeezed the end in and went right on cutting for another 20 minutes and then it died. I changed the plug and plug wire and checked the wires to the battery all were fine.Could the coil have gone out because wire came off? Thanks

104 Cub Cadet w/lights... but lights removed.
=============================================

Generator not charging battery.

Anyone have a wiring diagram that shows what must be connected if the lights aren't attached?

Back