• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 12, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul that is a really nice 70,
greenthumb.gif

Btw it was a pleasure to finally meet you frank, look forward to getting together in the warmer future, lol

David S. I'll get you the dimensions for the guard on monday with some pic's. A few years ago I took my 59m over to my cabin -five hour drive one way - and the tension bar and springs got left at home. I used a piece of wood shoved between the chipper and mount to tension the belt. It worked for grinding up rotten logs for mulch, Might work for you too.

Charlie, Thanks for the reply. I'm installing the Kohler K 241AS engine tins on an engine from a model 100. The engine serial number is: A 57304.

So, I made the best of your advice and have the tins installed, except those areas that would fasten to the engine head. Seems to me, that if I were to install the thick washers between the head cap screw and the fuel tank support, that the head cap screw would, or could rest against the bottom of the fuel tank. Though, I did not confer that theory given the height of the oil lamp wick which I plan to use between the fuel tank and fuel tank support.....just eye balled it. Now, on the other hand, if I were to install the thick washers between the head tin and head, that places the head tin above the blower housing, leaving a gap of the thick washer height. I would not want a gap in that area?
Can't seem to recall where to place those four thick washers......?

So, I refitted the head tin, and placed the four thick washers upon the top of that tin, and inserted the head cap screws.

I plan leave the fuel tank itself off, where I can run the engine, shut off, and check the head cap screws again for torque values.

Now, I'm seeing reality. This happens to be my first IH Cub Cadet I ever fixed up, so I have learned quite a lot thus far! If I figured incorrectly, please let me know.

On a side note, was nice to see Martins wonderfully restored pair of Originals grace the cover of Cadet Connection! Wow! He has lent a hand in my project as well.

Hello all new to the group!
I have one big problem, I bought a LTX 1050 with a tripple bagges set up.
My problem is it get plugged up no matted what I do, I go slow, cut more often, and have tried the best blades. Cub cadet won't help me and niether will MTD! I am told by John Deere that anything over a 40" deck they recomend a blower assist. I can't even find one that is affordable fo my machine. Let alond find one offered for this machine. I know I am not the only one out there with the same problem! Any help would be appreciated. I am ready to sell it and go Green!

Robert, Welcome to the Forum

Your 1050 is a MTD machine and you need to repost your question in that thread on this forum, you will get more help in that section.

Now not to disrespect your cub but, it really is the lowerend of riding cub cadet lawn mowers.
You need to find yourself a nice 109 cub cadet and you will not want a green one then

Well it shreds!! Cardboard at least!! Been raining here all day or I would have tried some yard waste or corn stalks 'n stuff.

Makes good mouse nesting stuffing anyway!!
Was a 5"x18" cardboard box flap

285447.jpg

285448.jpg

David: Thanks for the flambeau red tip.

Mike: Height adjustments on both sides would definitely give more range, but that would require an extensive re-work. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple pictures. There IS a lot of weight. 75lbs for the generator and 25lbs for the bracket. I think my clearance problem will be solved finding a pulley with an extended hub.

Tony: These brackets were made for and sold with various models of Pincor generators to attach to Cub Cadets. This bracket could have been used with a quick-attach narrow frame or earlier bolt-on as pictured on the 70.

Joel: Thanks. It started out a bit rough and was redone to the last bolt. Has all the options on it. It has an identical "big brother" 100. The 70's are my favorite.

Doug and David: I too would appreciate the dimensions for the 59M shredder.

Well here's a third attempt.. seems I'm trying to load pics that are to large even tho my putor says they are under 100 k...

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back