• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 12, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhinds

displayname
Luther Ray Hinds
Richard the belt should be IH 549250 R1 7/8x1437/8

David S. here are the dimensions for your missing 59m parts. the bar measures 10.25L .75W .375thick. the pegs are .75x2.75 7in center to center. the springs that I use I found at my local hardware store, 3.5Lx.75. as far as the belt guard I never use mine, but if you want I'll dig it out and get some measurements on that too.

Richard and Luther - I know that Charlie's FAQ shows the belt to be 7/8" wide but I'm pretty certain that's a typo.
The group of Quiet Line tractors shows a belt 7/16" wide so I'm certain the 1x8/9 series (Richard's 129) should be 7/16" x 143 7/8"

I have a Sundstrand Hydrulic transmission that will not pump I checked and it is turning in proper direction the Model # is 90-1118 Serial # 03MA2928M Is there a repair manual available for this unit

Brian W
No Spark, I would make sure the body of the Condensor is Grounded very well.
If you have 12V going into the coil and the points are OK then I would lean toward a bad Coil.
the 782 I acquired had a bad coil and then to make me really scratch my head and doubt myself, the New coil was bad too. The OHMS readings between the primary windings and secondary windings were within spec, but the insulation would break down under High Voltage.
You could put an old fashion single coil on the machine (if you have an old chevy coil around) to one cylinder and see if you get spark

If you search that part number, you will find no less than 4 different measurements for it.
Personally I'll stick with what the belt actually measures, and what IH and Cub Cadet say it measures.
A few 32's more or less makes no difference on how the belt fits or functions.
285414.jpg

Doug Barnett.... You, my friend, are a lifesaver!!'Thank you very much! I'll get right on it as I need to use this thing! Still need to locate some springs though. The fellow I bought it from did not know much about it and I knew even less but an attempt at assembly quickly led to the realization that something was amiss!

My son says to forget about all that and bolt the thing up solid and add an idler pulley, but I would sure like to keep it original if at all possible. But then again, maybe these things didn't work all that well to begin with. We will see. Thanks again!

Charlie, or Hydro,...I'm now assembling my Kohler K241 10 hp. I want to install the head. Where do those thick washers go? I remember the head bolts go through them. I have the blower housing, head tin, tin that lives between the carb and cylinder jug, gas tank support, curved side tin, and all tin fasteners.

Do all the thick washers go between the head and head bolt cap screw? Or, do 3 thick washers go between the head tin and gas tank support?

Can you please help me to remember where they go?

I’ve been playing around with mounting a 3500-watt Pincor generator on one of my 70’s. I have a problem. I’m not sure I have the correct pulley, because in order to have the pulley line up with the tractor PTO pulley, the generator sets under the cast tractor grill making pivoting the generator up to put on and take off the belt impossible. I have the pulley set flush to the end of the generator shaft. The distance from the generator housing to the center of the pulley is 2¾ inches. A second generator I have is worse at 2¼ inches. I need to gain at least an inch – preferably two. The pictures show the pulleys in alignment, but as you can see, there is very little clearance between the grill and the top of the generator. Do I need a pulley with an extended hub? Was a special pulley supplied with these generators?
Also, I have a NOS generator bracket that I can get a good color match from at an auto paint shop, but I would prefer to go the rattle can route. Has anyone found anything close to Pincor red-orange?
Thanks in advance.

285426.jpg

285427.jpg

285428.jpg

John L.
Depending on your head style,(there are at 3 variations I know of) they could be in several places.
The best thing to do is put the sheet metal on and see how much clearance is needed to bolt it down right. Just my 3 cents.

Paul T.
Dump that POS cast aluminum pulley quick and get a steel or cast pulley on that thing.

Paul T., I don't have the Pincor generator but on my setup there is height adjustments on both sides. The pivot on one side really limits the range of adjustment I think. I'll go look and see what the pulley is later today and come back to report.

Sorry for being naive but is this setup ever made for Cubs or are you just making up brackets and setting this generator on it?
If it's not a Cub Standard then it seems like a simple coupler to extend the shaft might be all you need. Then you can move the generator forward as far as you like.

Tom H.
The only issue Paul has is, the bracket is quick attach. A Frankenstein bolt on the back side would make his bracket stability much better.
285430.jpg

285431.jpg

Ronald B.
happy.gif
Glad to help.

It rained pretty heavy last night and more to come today so I guess I'll just stay inside and rest these old bones. Next thing is I'll have to hire the neighbor kids to help rake/clean up the yard for mowing. This rain and warmer weather will make the grass start growing fast.

Paul T., I went to the garage and took a couple measures. The pulley on my Generac is 4" O.D. and is steel. Also, from the end of the shaft to the face of the generator is 5 1/2". I use the same belt for the snowthrower as I use for the generator.

My unit was originally purchased for use on a 125, and then it ended up on a green tractor. I didn't get the original baseplate so I used an old mule drive that fits the Quick Attach and mated it to the base I was given. I also added a couple of "struts" that extend out to help carry the weight. I didn't like to see so much stress on the brackets unsupported. That generator has got to weigh about a hundred pounds, maybe more.

If interested, I can snap a pic or two and try to load them here.

Back