• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 12, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
lurking.gif
coffee.gif

coffee.gif

Back to cub rebuild.... My parent's 50th anniv party is over, I am a grandfather now, (girl) and I hope i'm done with funerals for a while... Gotta get back on the paint and brake pads...

Marty, great photos and a great job on the restoration!

Charlie, nice job on the rock garden. Looks like a good choice of equipment for moving rock.
happy.gif

Marty, Great job on the 70.

Well I have slowly but surely progressed to getting my 124 project done. I got the 14hp flywheel and flywheel plate off then took the 12hp out of the 124 and took it apart. when i got taking the pulley off the bolts kept stripping out of the holes. After i retapped the flywheel holes I realized i had fine thread bolts that got mixed up somewhere. They didnt look like fine thread because there were bolts with a finer thread than ones i was using but in the end i got it off,switched the plate,flyhweel,cull, and screen. I went to put the big nut that holds that belt pulley/cup on the engine shaft and for the life of me i couldnt get that fricken thing started to thread onto the shaft. Somewhere along the lines the threads got battered over so i have to tap them today. But otherwise all is going well and looks like there will be some grass cutting in the near future here.
ihrotate.gif

I figured every one was broke down on the road since I saw so many / read so many trailer horror stories ... OR ... EVERY ONE WAS HUNGOVER !

Glen this one's fer you
beer2.gif

biggrin.gif

Kraig, Just to let you know, it was the switch on the wiring problem . Some how the wires were not where they belonged. Don't know how it use to run where they were but it runs now. Thanks.

Thomas, good to hear that you have your 105 working properly again!
greenthumb.gif

You know, I've often wondered how things like that happen. Crop Circles,strange lights at night, my blue jeans pockets full of lint. Hmmmm. To keep it on topic[cuz I'm always on topic] The 1000 ran great and is gonna need a new oil pan. Leaky,leaky. Is a cast iron 12hp pan the same pan as a 14hp?

Yes it is. I have a lot of grass to mow. Daughter getting married,in the back pasture, in June and I have a lot to do.

Had to take the 106 out of commission till I can fix this small issue. It's the clutch arm mount bar thingy. Seems to be a little weak. Anyone ever have this happen, and how did you fix it? Here are some pics to help.
188213.jpg

188214.jpg

188215.jpg

Bruce N. thanks for pointing me in the right direction regarding that 42" deck from my last post a few days ago! Getting out of hibernation mode is a little tougher this year!!

I'm going to rebuild the engine in my 1968 125, a K301 12 hp

Are all K301 cranks the same? ( I saw one on ebay for cheap )

Thanks
Jeff

Please guide me oh knowledgable ones. Trying to figure out the correct way to install the spring assist bracket on the rock shaft on my 105. How do you set the tension on the spring?

I want to thank Kendall, Matt G., Dennis and Kentucky Ken for your advice on my steering on my 104. I got the steering on one of my 104s to steer the same in both directions using the advice I received from these guys. Thanks. Now I need to do the same to the other 104, as soon as I get the carburetor lined out on it. Narrow frames rule! (or does for me until I get a wide frame).

Jeff: I think I'll throw .02 in here on the crankshaft question. Unless (as a machinist) you think yours is toast, why not just have it turned down? That said, Parts Lookup gives the same numbers for a 125 as for a 1200 (KH-45-142-25)(replaces KH-47-142-30) $460.22.
jawdrop.gif

Frank,
I have a knocking sound when I turn it over to start it. Might be loose bearings or a shot crank. I figure if I can get a cheap crank, it's one less thing to delay me.

Frank C.
Suggested Retail on that is only,
IH-117148-C1 USE KH-45-142-25 $398.85.
Tilt your head the other way and see if the price goes down.
clappy.gif

Latest posts

Back