• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 12, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex, a search of the forum using the words "spring" and "assist" with the search set to "and" instead of "or" would have turned up that photo. Having said that, there are a bunch of us here that don't mind doing the searching and posting. Kinda what we're here for.
beerchug.gif

Josh,
roflol.gif

Ken, thanks for the advice on where to find the proper place to find answer to problems I have. Ron

Kraig, Lonnie, Thanks! Who'da thought it would be in Charlie's FAQ!! I should have known better by now! Although the pics of Lonnie's fix helped with my stormy brain!

Kraig,

Thanks for posting those photos of the fix I did, I did not have my travel drive with me last night and I belive that is where I have those photos stored.

ive got a question ive got a 1977 cub cadet 1000 and i dont know what size my front tire centers are. The hole in the tire where the wheel connects to the tractor.
coffee.gif

Richard S.
3/4" unless someone changed the spindles at some point.
Jack it up, take the wheel bolt out with a 9/16" wrench and measure it to make sure.

Have a 1650 [1977] that for some reason, I'm unable to get any juice to any thing except the front pto pully, and hour meter. Nothing to the lights or starter. It has a recent starter, new ignition switch, new solenoid,I checked and cleaned all the grounds that I could find. Also bolted the negative battery cable to the frame instead of the original fender/frame grounding place, and also tried a new battery [from another cub] and so far nothing has worked. I'm out of ideas. Anyone have any suggestions? Also used a jumper wire to by pass the safety switch, thinking that could be it, still nothing. Thanks!

Dave L. Powell
If I had your problem I would check the safety switch for the PTO and the Brake safety switch as these will keep a Cub from starting. i know there are guys here that can better answer your questions.You can jump these out temporary to see if they are causing and issue. good luck. Don T

Latest posts

Back