• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 11, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timothy Gallagher,

What type of compund? Do you have a name & method of doing it? I don't have the manuals for the Roxy. Thanks in advance!

Has anyone else had the same problems as Tim with the swath mower? I'm curious if anyone has found a method of mowing with these that would allow you to mow once a week versus every 3-4 days?

Thanks!

Brian & Tim,
If they did, it would be in one of the other topics or in the Vault. So you'd have to search for info on those there.
thumbsup_old.gif

Brian,

It's called "back-lapping". use a reel mower lapping compound.

Do a google seach, should be info.

Basicly, you connect a drill or a machine made for this to the end of each reel shaft. you apply the compound and run them in reverse. Then, you adjust each end of the bed knife a little at a time (with the motor stopped) so you just about hear a "SHING,SHING,SHING..."

You test how sharp it is with a piece of newspaper at each end of the reel.

CHARLIE - I get an e-mail from WYATT probably once a week....He's still around.....Just a "Click of the Mouse away". He sounded like He really wanted to make it to PD.

Cub Cadet 104 with 3-blade 42" mower deck
=========================================

Anyone know the length of the PTO/deck drive belt?

Bob L., there's a ton of belt info in the FAQ. Looks like 3/8"x81".

Don't feel so bad Lonny! A couple years ago my friend and I were loading an old sears with 6 speed trans into the back of the truck at idle in low 1st, nobody riding it!! fell off the boards right on my foot, not pretty. 2 years ago at a parade(this is where the IH cub comes in) my buddies 1000 fowled the plug and died mid-parade, I decided to tow him home bout 1/4 mile with my case, stuck her in high range and went for it, then had to hit the brake cause the parade wasn't over, nose right in the back of the seat, luckily it's high backed and I didn't get it in the spine, still hurt like heck. Now this ain't in no way a competition, just my stupid mistakes.

Kraig,

Thanks for the belt info.

You said:
"Bob, or the previous owner used it at one time with the rear tiller which required that the spring be removed and the mule drive tension pulley be adjusted with a bolt."

Do you have a diagram of the 104 idler pulley assembly?

From your photos here
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-auth.pl?file=/106/54496.html

...I understand that the spring SHOULD be used with a 3-spindle rotary mower?

The idler pulley spring counters the force of the spring on the mower deck, to keep the center spindle from being torn in either direction?

Latest posts

Back