• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 11, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie.....Thanks for the visual on THAT one...Either way it ain't pretty....I can hear the Phrase "Hey Ya'll Watch This.."
Seriously Lonny glad your not seriously hurt...

Charlie.

I had removed the tailgate on the truck, ramps where resting on bumber, I was driving the 72 into the truck in 1st gear just above idle.
When I got to where I needed to duck down to clear the endgate of the topper all was going fine, until the reat tires climbed up onto the bed of the truck, thats when my shoulders contacted the top of the topper and the forward momentem of the cub wedged me inbetween the seat of the 72 and the top of the topper.
I somehow managed to step on the clutch and stop the cub, but now befor finding myself wedged into a small tight space. I had to shut down the cub, put it in netural and force it backwards so I could get off the cub.

I will have to come up with a different way of loading my cubs into the back of the truck if I ever load them with the topper on the truck again.

Kurt,
As far as being seriously injured, the jusry still out on that, I have to waite until the swelling goes down befor I can have my back x-rayed to see if I did any serious damage to the spine.

On my ztr (Hustler), 52 inch deck with a 19 hp Kal. (can't spell it!) It uses 40 weight Vavoline in both motor and the hydro unit. Thought that a little odd, but it's in the book!
coffee.gif

<font size="+2">PSA
Do Not DRIVE A Garden Tractor Into The Back Of Your Truck With A Topper On The Truck</font>
You will only end up injuring yourself, learn from my mistake, DON'T DO IT!!

Brian B
Glad to be of help.
You should find that your plow will only need a small amount of fine tuning following that pre-plow set up.
Oh one more thing, I knoticed you had an wheel weight sticking out on the furrow wheel. If at all possable you don't want it sticking that far out from the wheel, it will run up on the furrow and could cause more traction problems than if you did not have it on there at all.
Here is how I install my wheel weights, I know it wont work on cubs with external breaks, but 2 26 pounders probly would be better that having 1 run up against the previous furrow.
54887.jpg

50lbs weight on inside and 26lbs on the outside.

Lonny,

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I would love to have a set of stock weights but dang thoughs are expensive, that's how I ended up with the plastic ones. Thanks though, maybe I should just leave the one at home? Do ya think it will work with just the one side loaded down?

Brian B
It helps to have weight on both wheels.
I belive the plow manual shows 1-55lbs on furrow wheel, 2-55 pounders on the land wheel and 1-55 pounder hanging off the front of the tractor.
However I have seen others plow useing no extra wheel weights and some only useing 1-26 pound wheel weight per wheel.
The photo I posted of how I have my tractor set up with wheel weights seems to work best for me and the type of heavy red clay soil I have here in N-Central Wis.

Brian B.
Heres another look at how I had my 102 set up at the last plowday I took it to.
Notice the 3-40lbs suit case weights up front. It helps keep the front wheels in the furrow when the going gets tough and the front end wants to ride up and out of the furrow
54890.jpg

Lonny - I'm glad you weren't driving an El Camino with a topper ! You ever think of buying a step van ?

Myron,

That's great. Although mine look a bit different I did post the pics earlier in the day. I'm going to try to print them out so I can read them. Could you send them right to my e-mail? Since we are limited on size it will wreck havoc on the readability of things even if I make them bigger. Thanks a bunch!!!!

I've got it! How about I just put my dozer back on and pin it up? I don't know how much the blade weights but it's probably a good start, just a thought. I used my back blade to plow snow with this morning and the tractor is a little light when you lift it so I can see where pulling the plow thru some heavy soil would give you problems. I do have some ballist in the rear tires but it's no where near 50 lbs worth. May just have to 'see what happens' and go with it.
biggrin.gif

Last call for any tractors or parts one may need i will be heading out to iowa tommorow afternoon,my web site will give you an idea of what i can bring www.cubclassics.com thanks

KENtucky
My wife suggested I used her Dodge Mini-van
lol.gif

All I know is after I heal up from my latest snafu, the topper will becomming off and become the new storage shed for one of my cubs.

I guess I have been lucky for the past 20 years, not hurting my back this bad since 1987 when I took a tree head on while riding my brothers 3 wheel ATV, spent a weekend in the hospital that time and disloacted 3 disks in my lower back & 3 in my neck. At this rate, I got another 20 years befor I do another stupid stunt and hurt myself.

Brian,

Try the reel mower out for a season, you may have better luck than I. Also, to sharpen them, you run them backwards with some lapping compound. should be directions in the manual.

Brian R: Roxy Gang Mower Brochure sent as requested. Enjoy.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

HI all i just picked up a free be koler 14 hp motor last night the catch is it was in a fire
i know it needs a head and gaskett set he claims its a brand new motor never ran i pulled the oil pan off it apears he was right it looks new is there any thing i should look for other then the obvies ill try to get some picks this weekend if that would help any thoughts would be a great help thanks in advance

I dunno about everyone else but I miss the days when Boner would get all excited about Plow Day!
54894.gif

And then Wyatt had to go move way out in the boondocks!
angry.gif

Latest posts

Back