• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 10, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Standing here in the shop, front just went through, got hail the size of marbles, temp has dropped about 10 degrees so far...sure was noisy for a few...

Shingles - I'd be deef if it'd been metal
shhh.gif

Hey Ken. Are you o k? We had some wind here but nothing bad so far.I got all the cubs in except one. The 147 is used to the weather. Toughest tractor ever made.
Luther

randy james,
If you get a loader on a tractor you can sell the wheel barrow. And it does so much more.
Be prepared to add some weight the magic number seems to be about 700 lbs total. fluid plus weights not counting driver.
I have a 1450 with a johnson loader. Cats meow....

any of you guys ever see or own a
ihrotate.gif
cart? i'll try to get you some pics tmw. cute little thing, may try to restore or sell to one of you for the right price!!!
bouncy.gif

I have a question about a cc 147 with an electric lift. I rebuilt this lift recently and just installed on the tractor to check it out. It seems to work very smoothly however, there must be a circuit breaker built into the raise and lower switch? If I raise and lower the deck in succession the unit will stop for a few moments before I can operate it again. Is this normal? Any suggestions? Is it drawing too much current?
Thanks.

Dave Sellards: (Maine calling Kentucky). Is that sucker (1250 w/ (I'm thinking Kohler engine)running, yet?
dunno.gif

Don't make me come down there.
wedgie.gif

Randy,
"I'd like to be using this around the farm for turning compost piles and such. "

That is what I bought mine for and I love it. My back even loves it more!
happy.gif

I have a 1650 with Johnson loader. I have about #350 of weight on the back, not counting myself. It is only rated at about 350, but that seems to be enough in most cases.

Luther - Yes and no. Ok as far as storms but not ok as far as walking without help.
I just checked and there are 7 tornado reports around London and between there and here.

Kendell - Notice how I yelled for metal roof and got quiet for shingles
biggrin.gif

I've got aluminum roofing and I either go to the house or put in my ear plugs when it rains !

Well, my wife is going to shoot me when she sees it, but when I took her van over to pickup the drill press that I bought I saw out of the corner of my eye a white tiller of just the right color. When I stopped and asked about it the guy said it's for sale for $100. I looked it over and can't say its got any wear on the tines at all, but it has some surface rust on it from sitting out. I pulled out a $20 bill and he took it and helped me load it in the van. I'd just unload it and tuck it away in the barn where she'd never know, but we are 5 hours from home on business this weekend. She was cussing me enough about putting a "dirty old drill press" in the back of her van, and now there is a #1 tiller with extensions and pulley cover sitting next to it.
whistling.gif

Thomas; Sounds like you have something in a bind or could be bad electrical connections. The ground connection is very pickey on mine. Does it stop fast or coast to a stop somewhat.
Luther

It's blinking snowing here right now. Just enough to cover the ground and make things really yuck outside.

Shane P. Next time take your truck if you have one and let your wife put something in the back of it. Five hours away from home? Get some "magic-moments (a.k.a. love) songs CDs and play them while you're driving. That may soften her mood up a little.
guitarist.gif

I'm off to Rockford shortly. See ya'll later.

Marlin: I swear I could park my 1650 next to yours and we wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Heck the seat cracks and tears look the same!
err.gif

KENtuckyKen: Man it looks like you guys have been getting hammered. I hope the rest of our Cub families have been spared down south.

I finally found a trailer around here 7' by 20' 7000 lb rating with my family of 3 Cubs and one soon on the way I "GOT" to have more towing space! Yea Maws doesn't believe it either!
rant.gif

Pops

Luther,(electric lift-147)
That's just the thing, every thing turns free. It seems to run really easy, quiet and smooth. For some reason it activates an overload (thermal?) after I cycle it once. Good idea on the checking the ground. Thanks.

Thomas - Looking at the breakdown I don't see any thermal protection. I'd say the battery and wiring need checked. That's a PM motor and just about any voltage should make it run if it can get the amperage.

Like Luther said , check the grounds.

82392.jpg

Good morning all,

Restoring a 122 and I need some information regarding the seat. Does anyone know where I can purchase, or have mine restored? I want to retain the original white one with teal trim. My fiberglass shell is in super shape.

Thanks,
Alex

Alex D, found this in the archive for you. Hope it helps out. Tim

Here's the info on the seat guy.

Bruce Macdonald, 248-613-1295
As long as the fiberglass shell(s) are more-or-less intact, and the blue 'Trim Ring' is available, we can do a great job....!!! These components are exceedingly difficult to get.

We sell the finished seats for $189.95 plus $15 shipping. If we can get an old seat/trim ring as a trade-in, the price is $169.95 plus $15.

We're a small shop here in SE Michigan. We do specialty work for the Big 3. One of our guys is a GM retiree who formerly worked in their Show Car Prep section. Among his talents, custom upholstery. He did his first seat for an old Cub 125 of mine. When we have time and when we have seat carcasses on hand, he'll spend time on them.

Our production is very limited. Perhaps two seats in a month. I'm sending along a couple photos for you to view.

Bruce Macdonald, P.E.
Power Logix Tool & Engineering, LLC

Art A,

The repolarization procedure for a S/G in my 8/9 series Service Manual, GSS-1439, is on page 1-43. Hope this helps.

Back