• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 10, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
I could be wrong here, but, I always check my point gap when the points are at their most open. Not even noticing if that means the piston is at TDC. It might be your gap is wrong since I'm sure the spark is meant to occur BTDC. My 2 cents.
Mike

Frank - I know those B&S engines are bad to shear the flywheel/crank key right at the first crank up sometimes. I kept spares. Since his was rebuilt then sat for so long it could be that it never ran right to begin with after rebuilding. The flywheel could not be in time or tight on the crank. Left loose enough to have slipped ... a few off the wall "could be" things to think about.

I had a Kohler/welder spin loose the crank/gen taper fit.

My 127 is almost as bad as his 1250 , I have to crank the crap out of it to get it to fire. Don't use it enough now to look into it.

Jim - fix the flat tire
biggrin.gif

I honestly thought I had a flat at first, but both tires are standing tall.

Jim
My tiller also sits a little to the right side. I found that it is mounted with bushings threw the chain drive that allow it to position itself left or right taking some of the stress off of it when hitting rocks or roots if it runs smooth and does a good job I would leave it alone.
wave.gif

KENtucky-Are you down around Paintsville and do you know know of any plowdays for cubs around the area?

Well when I said it runs smoothly I literally meant how it runs (quiet, belts stayed on, etc). However, it is not tilling correctly. At one point the left side was not even touching the ground. I stopped and lengthened the chain (depth control) and that got the left side in the ground but the right side was still that much deeper. I have no idea what's wrong.

Alex - No I'm off exit 25 on I-75.
I've never heard of any plow events around , not many cubs around either. I think if I mentioned a plow event around here everything showing up would be 50 horse or more !

Jim - Sounds like a broke or missing bolt somewhere if it's that bad. Maybe you could try lifting the right side by hand and see if it raises up higher than the slack should allow.

KENtucky-Well had you been from that area I think you might have been surprized at how many cubs are around this part of the country. There is an antique club that meets in Brandenburg, Ky that has a bunch of IH and cubbie boys in it.

Jim
I would start buy going threw the setup manual for the tiller which can be located on the web. If your tiller is that much off there has to be something that can be seen with the naked eye. The brackets are the same from left to right with the exception of the belt cover hole on the right side. You may want to compare the two sides to see if the PO bent one of them. Also if your bushings are damaged that could also let the gear box pivot to one side. There are two of these bushings located between the upper and lower brackets where the larger bolt is loacted.

My 147 would crank forever but finaly start and run good. I did A tuneup and found it was the condenser at fault. It was grounded good and It showed enough spark but would crank for 5 minutes. JUst my 2c
Luther

Just a little reminder
For those still thinking about coming to the Rockford Fire Department building on Saturday, the RAFFLE & DOOR PRIZE thing is still going to take place, as well as guys selling.
No mud there!
Come with money in hand to help support the guys that work so hard to keep others safe.
thumbsup_old.gif

Hi, With all the talk of tillers and plow day, I hate to change the subject. But its snowing to beat h*** here. On the North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota there calling for 8"-12", and sum may get up to 20". With wind speeds of 40 plus mph. Its a white out here. Ive got 6" so far
thumbdown.gif

I got the 122 in the garage to do sum work on the snow thrower, before I go out in this Blizzard to clear the drive. Ive got to swap out my 90* gear box. For my newly rebuild backup box.

I'll be thinking of you guys playing in the dirt, while I'm sitting on a cold wet seat, looking like a snowman. But I guess seat time, is seat, no matter the kind of weather your sitting in.
thumbsup.gif

brad,
I got a dose of seat time the last few days mowing grass on the 102 and toting wood with the 129. Seat Time.
groupwave.gif
groupwave.gif
groupwave.gif

I also have a 125 down for engine rebuild.

Sorry for the gang at Plowday. Have fun hanging out.

Brad
All the more reason to buy another cub having one ready for what ever happens. I am getting the rain at the front of the storm thats hitting you with a change over to snow later but I've plowed and tilled my garden but have a tractor with a thrower and blade on standby you just never know.

Hello,
I have an opportunity to pick up a Danco RD-1000 loader for my Cadet 100. There is no hydraulic pump and the cylinders need rebuilding. In terms of cost and parts availability to get this going, what do you think I'm looking at? I know this is an open ended question so let's assume the cylinders are good except for seals and the hoses are all fine. Lastly, how usable are these really? I've never used one. I'd like to be using this around the farm for turning compost piles and such. We run a small farm and are trying hard to not invest in a full size tractor. So far, the cadets are just fine for trailering and mowing. If this loader works out I'd be stoked!

Thanks,
Randy

Kinda slow here today so, here goes. If the weather ever clears up Clarence has a "new" cart to help with yard cleanup duties.

82375.jpg

Here is a picture of his rear lights. They were brand new and being thrown out so I obtained a material pass. Angel thought that he needed two for a balanced look.
82376.jpg

And here is the new plow that I got from a coworker three weeks ago. I was on my way to pick it up for a friend and surprise him only he called to tell me that he had already bought one and was having it shipped. I couldn't turn it down. It will be for the 782D. I just happened to have the 1650 out that day. Always shedded and very well taken care of. So, now I have three of these critters. (Angel said that I am starting to hoard them. Now I wouldn't do that, would I?)
clappy.gif

82377.jpg

Back