Archive through April 08, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proessler

displayname
Paul W.Roessler
Tristan Setup like your 2nd pic, keep constant outward pressure on screwdriver handle, use another vise grip or pipe wrench on screwdriver shaft next to frame with a slight back & forth twisting motion. Think positive & I'll pray for you !
greenthumb.gif

Tristan, I dont have a lot of experience with Cubs but I have used a slide hammer. Watch both ends of the hammer. The web between your finger and thumb can and will slide between the hammer and the stop on the slide for the hammer. If this happens you will be seeing red and that would clash with your Cub. According to the neighbor it will make you swear also.

MIKE - I can also say that sometimes VICE-GRIPS can "bite" too......my neighbors claim the same verbal outburst as yours do as well.

ART - I see room for at LEAST three more CC's on that trailer. You making a "Shopping trip"?

Morning guys
I hope Art don`t loose another seat cover on this trip!That looks like a 16' trailer he has there, lots of room to pick up Krags cub and take him along and share the fun.Have a safe trip
animatedihbear.gif
greenthumb.gif

Denny-
Tomorrow morning we're going to add some GREEN to the trailer.

Don-
It's actually an 18' trailer, and yes Kraig knows that there is ALWAYS a spot for him on it. I think he's going to be too busy doing this
clown.gif
this weekend.

Art, thanks for the "ALWAYS" comment!
happy.gif
Regarding the other comment.
help.gif
icon_eek.gif
BTW, who's Green will you be hauling?
187984.gif

ART - That was one of those questions I knew the answer to BEFORE I asked it!
ihrotate.gif

Speaking of PD's.....for those who were there, Was Dan H @ PD#2? The fall after #1, where the ground was so hard? I also remember Dan having a nice chat with an ILL State Trooper one time going home from a PD, seemed like it was on the overpass of I-39 & I-80 by LaSalle/Peru.

I suppose I could get my VCR tapes/DVD's out and check but that would be too easy!

Denny, yes Dan H. was at PD2, I was not able to make it. However, I do have a bunch of photos that people sent to me.
happy.gif

I have a model 126 (12hp Kohler) with manual PTO. It either needs to be replaced or upgraded to electric (if possible). Can anyone tell me if I can switch to electric clutch? If so...what parts would I need (Original or aftermarket) and where can i get them. If you have a manufacturer (Wagner etc) and part numbers ...that would be great. Thanks

Mike,
It's possible, but there are several issues.. First, the shaft on a cub is kinda short, and the S/G pulley has to have the "cone" removed. I put on on my 149, mainly because I got the clutch for free. I had to make a spacer and extend the end of the shaft. I also had to install relays and wiring to turn on the clutch, and only after the tractor was started. I used the factory PTO safety switch, so the engage routine stayed the same by moving the PTO lever forward. Here are some pics:

187997.jpg

187998.jpg

Notice the S/G pulley without the 'cone'.. This clutch used the B belt, and was larger diameter, so I got the speed-up thrower option at the same time... there are probably better clutches out there, this is a Warner... A cub electric clutch required threaded holes in the block to secure, too...

Kendal Harvey
Sent me an email asking what steel was used to build my loader on my 129.
I don`t think you will have to build heavy,but thats up to you what you decide to use. My arms from the towers to the bucket is 1/8", we used 5/16" for all the gussets,7/16 for the bucket and a wear edge. I used 2" x 16" stroke cylinders.
The loader works great and I have not bent anything (yet). I hope this helps with you loader build
old.gif

Kraig and Lisa,

One other thing to check on the reverse issue that Lisa is having is the adjustable bracket. This is the same braket you adjust in the "neutral adjust" procedure. I was using Dad's #1 149 to till my garden. I made a couple of passes and was getting ready to start a 3rd and the tractor took off "wide open" forward. I pulled the lever back and nothing happened, and stomped on the brake and nothing happened. I idled back around the the garage, and what I had found was the bottom bolt in the bracket had vibrated completely off the tractor and the top bolt vibrated loose and the bracket fell out of position. When this happened I could no longer communicate with the transmission. When I put it back together, I had it close, but I could not back up at anymore than a crawl and had no power. I had to tweak it a few time to get it not to creep and to once again have reverse. Maybe you have a picture of this area handy. I know for an inexperienced user this would have been quite scary and dangerous.....

Scott N., are you referring to the bolts that hold item #7 in the drawing?

188000.jpg

188001.jpg

(Photo taken by Chris Bennett of one of his 1450s, the control handle is different on a 1450 but the area in question is the same as on a 149.)

Kraig-
You know......... The usual suspects.
baldguy.gif

BTW.....Who's hydro is THAT??? Good grief, you could EAT off that thing!
icon_eek.gif

Scott N-
You should work for Toyota, I hear they need some help in the speed-control department right now.
roflol.gif

Art, I figured it was one or more of the following: RK, AZ, MH, can't be the "nut job" I believe he's still in AK.
dunno.gif

Regarding "Who's hydro?", read under the photo, it belongs(ed) to Chris Bennett, a photo he took during refurbishing.

Scott - "<font color="0000ff">I could no longer communicate with the transmission."</font><font color="000000"> Maybe the transmission lines were down. Can you hear me now ?

I'll have to look in there on my 1882 as I have less than half reverse on it.

Art - NASA has that job now. They were looking for something to keep them out of the unemployment line anyway.
angry.gif
</font>

Kraig , Art
None of my tractors look that clean lol, I repaired and use them all.My 129 will get put to work soon moving some more drainage rock.
clappy.gif
Raining here and its cool out so I`am house bound for today.

Ken-

"Maybe the transmission lines were down. Can you hear me now?"

Thanks...A LOT! THAT little comment prompted a full-mouth blast of my drinking water all over the computer screen and keyboard.

Oh well, it needed to be cleaned anyway...
whistling.gif

I hear ya on the NASA comment!!!

Kraig-
Yes, the nut-job is safely locked away in Alaska.
jester.gif

So. Looking at the pictures and reference to the one you could eat off of, do you use the thing and if so how do you clean it.

Latest posts

Back