• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan,
As far as I know there never was a gasket made for the muffler on these old Kohler motors.

And as far as I am concerned they don't need a stinking gasket there just to burn out in a short time, there are enough parts on these 30 plus year old garden tractors that need replaceing after 30 or so years that a simple miffler gasket would be a complete waiste of time, aint like its going to quiet down the ole Kohler any anyhow.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beer2.gif

Ryan W.
your CC dealer is worst than mine. And I thought mine was bad enough. Dealer is new to Cub Cadets, never has the parts, charges for shipping and I have to make 2 trips. One of the reasons I order from a sponsor(x-sponsor?).

Dave

Lonny B.,
I wasn't really trying to quiet the ol' girl down any. What I was hoping to do was to try to eliminate the leak - because it sounds like a leak and the leak blows toward the bottom corner of my air filter housing, discoloring the paint.... do ya follow me?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Talking about cub cadet dealers, I must have lucked out and gotten one of the good ones.
I have spent many a times looking up parts on his computer systems part smart befor the link was established here ( thanks MTD ).
I have only beed told a couple of times that the part I was looking for us unavailble due to being listed as NLA, which my dealer has dubed Now Lonny Angry.
When I built my loader my cub dealer let me bring my cub to his shop and work on the plumbing of the hydraulics instead of me driving back and forth every time I needed another part.
I would have to give the dealership a 9 on a scale of 0-10, 10 being the best.

Ryan,
I know what you are talking about.
All my cubs have the same leak and discolored air filter cover.
As far as making a gasket, I would try useing the flat fire proff tape/gasket used in the woodstoves around the cast iron door frame.
I have seen it in the kits you can purchase to make a wood stove out of a 55 gallon drum.

Well, maybe a little schoolhousing on a definition is in order. IH was born in the Ag industry, so IH tractor parts and service manuals speak Ag and in plain enough American English for the rural farmer to understand, guide repair in the field if necessary, and get on with their work.

1)A sleeve is a usually cylindrical object in which you can insert another, but smaller, cylindrical object. Think of your arm in the sleeve of your shirt!!

2) Anyone purchasing those IH-144526-H1 sleeves will quickly discover they are not "O" rings.

3)IH-144526-H1's are round cylindrical neoprene objects into which you can insert the steel/copper fuel line. They could, perhaps, also be described as small sections of a neoprene tube or hose of the correct dimensions.

4) The fuel line nut is placed on the fuel line first, with the open end toward the end of the metal fuel line. Then the sleeve is placed on the metal fuel line and moved back till about 1/4 inch of the metal fuel line is is protruding from the outer end of the sleeve.

5) This assembly is then inserted in to the threaded fuel line input of the carb or the fuel line output from the fuel bowl filter.

6) Tightening the fuel line nut will then compress the neoprene sleeve causing it to expand internally and thus seal the connection.

7) Simple, inexpensive and very repairable in the field...think windshnield washer hose, or some such, for a temporary fix to get your tractor back to the barn work shop...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

All this discussion about compression fittings, O-rings and sleeves! I think maybe one of my cubs had the metal fuel line on it when I got it. After cussing and stomping around I purchased fuel hose and barbs, this is all I use now. Obviously, I am not a purist, but I also like to be able to put an in line filter on mine.

Joe W. -

You bet it's there for a reason. It's what ducts the cooling air forward thru the grille and I suppose it cools the muffler some.

I made the investment in replacing the box with all new parts, including the casting. Then I installed one of Kirk Engines' muffler crutches.

Hey all,

Will a mule drive for a 100 fit on my 106 & 71? Thanks a bunch again for the direction.

I guess the question with the muls drive is with the 71 & 106 being narrow frame then any narrow frame mule should work?

Are there in fact different mules for mowing, snowblowing & rototilling?

My 106 has a mule for the 44" deck. I am also looking to use this mule for the blower. The 71 is going to be the tiller which I'm having trouble locating a good one for. I'm not really sure but I know I need one ASAP cause I gotta find out if the tiller works right lol!

Back