• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 04, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need some help with an IH (not a brinly) rear blade on a 102 I bought. It's all there except for two springs that goes from a rod in the blade frame down to small L brackets on the sides of the rear end. I tried the local dealer but they are nla and the parts sheet did not give any dimensions on the spings, ie: length and width. I figure Charlie may have half a dozen lying around somewhere.

Alex S.
Nope, I had one once. I wasn't impressed with it, so you know what happened to it.
biggrin.gif

Oh and I forgot another PD door prize pic.
82083.jpg

Just out of curiosity this morning:
Are those L brackets that the springs hook to the same as the lifting bracket on top of the engine?
coffee.gif

Kurt,

Thanks, I got the suitcase weights primed just waiting for paint. Should have them done today or tommorrow. I'll be headin out on thursday myself.

Charlie - We have a section for this sorta thing. Let's keep it on topic.
fence.gif
biggrin.gif

It's about time you got that thing home !
When's the new paint and chrome stack going to happen ?
Where the stuck brakes a problem to unstick or did you rock it back and forth like I said to try first ?

Looking real good, Charlie.
buttrock.gif
How much will you be charging for rides in it?

Had to go shopping this morning and get two new tires for the Ol' Dakota. Within one mile of the tire store the really bad front tire just gave out. It was while in the process of removing the spare from under the box that I remembered the last time the spare was used was in 1999. Good thing... still had enough air to get me there. Bad thing... pain in the butt since everything was covered in mud and rust. While in Boone, I stopped at the Orscheln's Farm Store and picked up the top link for the 782D's 3 point. Right now I'm waiting for the first coat of paint to dry so I can apply a second coat to some Cub parts. Then tonight it's off to the twin grand daughter's dance recital. Sooo, tomorrow it will really be crunch time to get stuff ready for next weekend.

Charlie, whats under the hood of that nice cub hauler you picked up? I cant wait to see ya get her fixed up and ready for duty. Cheers Mike and Michele T

hey guys,
I've been working on my 147 as I have another issue to resolve. Since I got it started the amp gauge always goes to the D side. Which as we know is not good. So I did a little reading and made a few phone calls and I decided to change the starter/generator. Well, now that it has been changed the problem persists. Any help on where I may have a short or what the problem could be?

Wes V.-

This sounds really stupid, but verify that the ammeter is wired correctly.

If that isn't the problem, I would suspect the voltage regulator needs adjustment. I wish I was home with all my notes on that so I could post some of the diagnostic tests. Hopefully someone more electrically-inclined than me will chime in.

FRANK C. The L brackets are larger than the engine bracket with more holes for different adjustments I'm guessing. I would still like to get some help with the spring dimensions if anyone knows.

Wes V
Does it still have the original rubber and fabric coated wiring? My 126 did and the harness was totaled out where it runs inside the frame rail beside the engine. It would still crank,but none of the wiring to the regulator up front was functional. I put a new harness on my 147 when I o'hauled the engine because it was in poor condition in the same place beside the engine. On my 126 when the wiring harness short circuited it also ruined the regulator! If the harness has been replaced, the newer ones have plastic coated wires and are not likely to fail so the problem is probably elsewhere. A test meter is a much more reliable indicator than the dash gauge for trouble shooting. The regulator must be grounded to the frame and the cover on to work properly. Also inspect the little ground wire across the rubber regulator mounts. The regulator is adjustable but make sure you know the procedure before tinkering. See if the reg points are dirty,a clean piece of white paper can be drawn through the points while you hold then gently together (disconnecting the battery is a good idea) Let us know what you find.

I asked this awhile back but now that i finally got decals i kinda need to know so ill ask again.
one the dash pedastal of my 100 there is a hole where the p o put an ignition switch (still dont know why considering the original ignition was still hanging there barely screwed on) need to fill the hole so its so i can put on my nice new shiny decal. any suggestions?
worthy.gif

charlie nice looking truck. i have put many a mile on those IH trucks. i just hope it dosent have the old wedge type brakes. i hope you got a good ole detroit under that hood so you wont go to sleep so easily.bet it wont have any trouble pulling those cubs.

Wes V; Look at the FAQ page above and i think it is question 21. It will be very helpful.

myron, which carb kit will that be im not sure which carb it is.

Latest posts

Back