Archive through April 02, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talbertine

displayname
theodore albertine
mmo? is that similar to the fuel injector cleaners or car cleaners you would run in regular vehicles.

theo

Don T.

I was looking for where to place the light switch.
The photo you posted shows the choke cable loacation. However the link that Charlie posted is a great help as it not only shows where to locate the switch hole but also where to locate the rear tail light.

hehe well i thought i was right tractor but now i have saved that file for later.thanks Don T

I took the carrier out of my Cub Cadet 1000 . I replaced the bearings cones and races. I would like to know what the backlash is for the ring and pinion? Is the right side and left side shims correct? Or do I have to add or take out shims? to get the correct tolerence ?

The other thing that has me puzzled is a double wall in the casting on the right side of the differntial casting. It traps some oil. I had to use rag to clean it. Whats it for a pto drive gear ?

Got a little seat time today. While home at lunch I spike aerated the back yard with the 100. When I got home from work tonight, I noticed the neighbor lady next door had her yard mowed... well, I guess I better had too. So I slapped the deck on the 1450 and took a little off the top. We're supposed to get 3-5" of rain in the next couple of days, so I was afraid it would get out of control and I wouldn't be able to mow it in time.

Charlie, just spent some time on your manuals/info site ---- OUTSTANDING SIR!

Tim (always in need of information) Keefe

hello everyone!!
crash.gif
finally got on here to talk with some people that know what a real tractor is!! anyone know people in central mississippi that can work on 129, 73, 1250s??

Tim K.
Thanks,
It's coming together, slow but sure.
Since you've been there, maybe you can help Dennis T. out with his problem.
thumbsup_old.gif

Brad C.
Welcome to the forum.
I'm sure there's someone on here that's down your way that will either post and contact you.
thumbsup.gif

If not, let me know and I'll get you hooked up.

Brad C.

I'm from Tupelo, but believe it or not my wife's family lives just west of Byram. They actually have a Raymond address, but I usually exit I55 at Byram or Windale when going to visit. Will actually be down that way tomorrow.

As for your cub issues- Surely there is someone down that way that can work on cubs. What exactly are you needing done? I have a pretty full weekend with the in-laws but I'd be happy to help if I can. (Many people on this site are laughing right now b/c they remember some of the questions I have asked. However, thanks to this site, I have learned alot. I'm in the middle of a complete resto. on a 126 right now.

Jim; Try the sponsors above. I think I seen them at CC specialties.

You know now that I think about it I'm not really sure what brand this cultivator is. I'm assuming Brinly but don't know for sure. I need the brackets and wedges that hold things in place.

Thanks Matt. You know where I can find parts and pieces? Does Brinly still sell them?

Jim, I don't think that Brinly has the parts for that anymore. But just in case.

81972.jpg

81973.jpg

Jim T.

Robb Kruger over on the JD GT site (WFM) sells used Brinly cultivator parts.

Brian B.

You will end up cranking about 2 more rounds of point back into it to get it into the ground at Travis's. The rolling cutter is also probably about 1"-2" low as well. Otherwise, it looks great!!!

Latest posts

Back