Archive through April 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, did you get the cool brad rivets that hold that plate on? Or were those only used on the early 7hp engines?

This infomation came from a small motor class I used to teach.
The gas for any small motor should be less than 30 days old. Buy enough fuel to last only a month.
Any gas over 30 days old that I have is dumped into my Suburban's gas tank.

Some of my small motors are only seasonal motors. They may go several months without being run.
I add a fuel stablilizer to my fresh fuel that I get every month. I try to make sure the gas tanks are full before they sit.

I've tried 87, 89, and 93 octane gas. My Cubs run the best on 89 octane gas.

Theodore,
I would clean and rebuild the carb if it was my Cub.
A round of filters (air and gas), fresh motor oil and a new Auto Lite spark plug would make your Cub happy.

Got Jim's new hitch today. Rest of pieces still in progress.
81950.jpg

81951.jpg

When I first got my new 982 running, the gas in in it was 3 years old, but stablized, while it would run fairly well at low and mid throttle settings, it would struggle to make full rpm. Once I ran that fuel out of it, I added fresh 87 octane and MMO to the tank and she runs like a champ. Cheers Mike

Looking for the proper placement of the light switch on a 100.

Mine does not have a hole in the tower for the light switch.

Dale Merkle (Berkley's) I totally agree , i buy medium grade fuel and Dump the fuel back when i`am letting them sit. I try to use all oldest fuel fist, saves on rebuild time and more seat time.treat it on a full can. my .02
coffee.gif

ok i gotta know where you got that tag. p o painted mine and the one on my brothers 70 is just well gone

Latest posts

Back