Archive through April 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Kraig,
I agree, we got snow last night and this morning too!
ENOUGH already!
angry.gif

Kraig, Charlie...

Last Monday, under sunny skies and 80 degrees, while I was mowing lawn grass with an Original and then some open space with my 782D, I sez to self: "Snow" ...er, uh, snow? Whazzat??
bouncy.gif

Myron B

Hey Kraig, You can keep that there white stuff up yonder.We got 'bout 1/2" rain around Madison! I took the 551 Blower off Saturday and just had to play in the mud w/882 & Brinly to see if the new rubber was up to the task.
groupwave.gif
I'll have to wait for dryer[drier] conditions to make final adjustments on the plow rig.Yippee ,Yahoo!!!

Good news! New guts in the computer and a 19" flat screen so now I'll be able to see pics again.
groupwave.gif

Just to keep it on topic
Weight bracket
81899.jpg

Steve B.
Is Goodyear making 10.50's again. Last time I checked they weren't. I agree with you about Firestone 10.50's. Why in the H-E-double hockey sticks don't they make them??

Kraig that shure is purty!! Glad you guys got it, I do not know if Gus and I are up to anymore!

Pops

i got my 127 to start on her own today. replaced the battery, changed the plug, and topped off the fluids. she was running rather poorly at first but i let it run for 15-20 minutes and i think i burnt out the remaining older gas in the tank. the new gas mixed well. just wanted to update

theo

For you guys that swear by MMO , I tried it in my TOY on top of 30w and Lucas Oil Treatment ... now my ever so slow oil seep from the front main is more like a fountain and the valve train rattles.

WHAT the hell do you guys see in that stuff ???

Kraig - Nice white lawn ya got there. Whatever that stuff is sure is purtty
biggrin.gif

74* here and NO SHIRT fishin this mornin
buttrock.gif
of course the 34mph winds are a witch !!

KENtucky, it did it's job of cleaning all the sludge out of your TOY, now there's no sludge in the way of the bad seal.
dunno.gif
I only use it in my small engines as a fuel treatment to prevent carbon buildup. Hey, maybe someone should tell Al Bore about MMO and it's ability to reduce carbon deposits....

Somone was telling me at the winter convention that ME Miller tire is thinking about having Firestone make 10.50s. If they do I hope they do a better job than they did on 16-6.50x8 tri ribs.
The center rib is way too tall and the overall diameter is too big for my taste. They look good on a SGT, but are too big for a standard GT.

Jeez Ken,
Your gonna get that thing addicted to chemicals with all those additives. Maybe you can add some Slick 50 and a pint of whiskey and some 90w to top her off. Heh heh heh

Rick - Chemicals is what keeps me going ;)
I use to put a quart of 90w in my old Chevy umpteen decades ago
biggrin.gif

Kraig
biggrin.gif

Todd - I agree , I don't like that tall single rib either , talk about cutting the grass ... You could use it to layoff a garden. I've seen large tractor tri-ribs like that though. I guess you shave or scuff off what ya don't need.

Well I was gonna mow the yard today but as high as gas is I'm going to wait for a tail wind , I'm not fighting or paying for this head wind we have today !

Kraig.

That make once !

You know is snows 3 times on a robin's tail befor spring is here.

Kentucky and whoever else,

Speaking of rattle. My low hour Kt17 II sometimes has just a faint bit of rattle noise coming from the valve train area since I've had it which is about 11 hrs worth. I don't know much about the insides of an engine so I'd hate to ignore a potential problem. This last gas can fill up I decided to mix a little under ratio of MMO. Haven't had a chance yet to see if it changes anything. Also what octane do you guys recommend? 87, 91, 93... thanks

adrian

Charlie,

If you'd just move back down here you wouldn't have to put up with all that snow. I worked on the Cub in shorts and a t-shirt last weekend. 70's here all week. We'll take you back.

finished painting the 100 last week (except the grill still need to fix oil leak)
was hoping somone could post a couple pics for me again

<font color="0000ff">"Snows 3 times on a robin's tail". Never heard that one. Will check it out this year - no robins here yet. Crows are back. Dummies!
beerchug.gif
</font>
Oh, shoot, wrong area. Hmmm. OK. Rhoda, (123 from Rhode Island) is in the spotlight tonight. She talks, she walks, she's got a sleeve hitch assembly coming and I just found out I can afford tri ribs for the front and ags for the rear! Life can be good, regardless of the snow - and there's still lots of it!
beer2.gif

Latest posts

Back