• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Any beekeepers????

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
My buddy Damon, that hunts the property here has set up a bee hive right below my garden. I thought this would be a great help for making sure I get good pollination. Yesterday I repotted a shamrock plant on my outside bench and today I can't approach the bench at all. The bees are swarming all around the water and even sucking the dirt for the moisture. I have several containers of water around the property for wildlife and my outdoor cat but they prefer the moist dirt.

240749.jpg

They will allow me to get close enough to pour more water but I do it slowly and carefully. I've also been watching from a distance and noticed some immature bluebirds getting water from a pan on the bench. The bees run the birds away but they have a hard time doing it. The birds don't mind the bees like we do.

The hive is about 75 yards away so I guess this is the closest water source.

Hmm.. just a suggestion.. maybe put a kiddie sandbox (like one of those plastic big-box store kind) of dirt right by the beehive and rig it up with some kind of an under-dirt watering system so all you have to do is turn on a hose from a distance and walk away for maybe.. 5-10 minutes?

I'm not a beekeeper, but an unknown bee got wedged between my shirt and neck while riding my motorcycle to work Thursday morning. It stung me about six times before I could get it out!
help.gif

Back