• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Howdy - Newb from NC

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbigler

displayname
Shane Bigler
My name is Shane, I'm 35, and I'm from Raleigh NC. I actually don't own any tractor, yet. My grandfather had an old Cub Cadet 1450 and an old Simplicity we used to do work with. The 1450 was mostly used for plowing snow in the winter time up in the North East. Gosh that thing took a licking and kept on ticking. The simplicity was our mower/hauler for the property up in Ticonderoga NY.

I tried to get my Grandfather's old 1450 and found out it had been taken to the junk yard. Now that I'm a home owner I would love to get my hands on one of these oldie but goodies. My favorites appear to be the 1450, 782, and a 782D of course. I would like to find one that I don't have to restore. I came across a 1450 in Nebraska but I can't seem to get good pictures and/or video to confirm its condition. Guy is selling it for $900 and apparently it's all original and is great shape. The motor mounts are even still good on it. But between shipping and taking the gamble on something of unknown condition (unless I can get really good pics and/or video) I'm feeling the urge to pass and find something more local. There is a 1450 up in Williamsburgh, VA that doesn't run but it did just last year. It looks to be a fuel issue, probably easy to fix. That is looking more promising and it's less money. There is actually a video of it running here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNGgB0RW5vY

Anyway, I'm keeping my eyes peeled. I just want something to mow the lawn with and maybe plow some dirt around and the occasional snow here in NC. No pulling. I wouldn't abuse something so special.

My other hobbies include road racing my Nissan 240sx.

Shane - Welcome to the best site anywhere for Cub Cadet owners!
WELCOME.gif

The 1450 in the video looks and sounds good. You're probably right about it being an easy fix - most often, a gummed up carburetor or clogged fuel line. Whatever it is, you'll find all the advice, information and parts you'll need right here on this site. Be sure to read both sets of FAQ's and search the archives - probably anything you'll encounter has been discussed and solved before.

And, be sure to post your questions, pictures, etc in the main forum area, where everyone will see them. WELCOME!
groupwave.gif

Shane, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif

I agree with everything Greg wrote.

Thanks all. It looks like this 1450 in Va is checking out to be legit. Should hopefully have it in hand in a couple weeks.

Shane, I'm also in North Carolina and recently got into Cub Cadets when a "friend" gave me his old 782. I've now also picked up a Model 149 with rear hitch and a 1250 parts tractor (and the parts were pretty good). I've located all my stuff by keeping an eye on Craig's List: searching for "Cub Cadet" in the Lawn & Garden section. They only pop up about once every three months, but it beats going to Wisconsin or Indiana to pick something up.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the 1450.
buttrock.gif

My purpose for getting on here was to learn, make friends, and have a support group. Are there any exhibits that exist for stuff like this?

Back