• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

149 in NC

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Kerr

Hello.
This garden tractor was handed down to my generation by my wife's parents who in turn got it from my wife's grandfather. Its a 1973 international cub cadet 149 that he bought new in '73 - its still in good working condition and it will be frequently used here in much the same manner it has been used all its life. It has plenty of patina on it but considering the amount of land it has tilled and the lawns it has mowed I believe it to be in great condition and look forward to it's continued service to our growing family. Having given it the olde mechanical once over I'll be looking to do some minor refreshes to wear components but am not intending to bring her back to showroom quality as she is still going to be a work horse. After all, if you rest you rust!
I joined this forum after searching the internet for answers to common questions and routinely being directed to this site for the most correct answer and the most detailed resources. I look forward to adding content as I become more in tune with the machine.

Welcome William!... If you want it to continue to serve for many years to come, make shure you own a good grease gun.. As my wise daddy used to say, Grease is cheaper than parts!.. And parts for these old girls may not be available forever..

Hello and welcome. That sounds fantastic. Can you share some pics?

Back