• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Little Kubota Diesel

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speterson

displayname
speterson
Well, I've watched for a diesel cub around here for a while, but have never seen one. The other day I was over at the inlaws and wondered across the street to their neighbors and asked if there was a chance I could borrow his older 16 HP Kubota B7100 with loader and backhoe to do a little digging. He told me that it hadn't run in a year and wasn't worth fixing up. It had "engine problems and hydraulic problems".

I asked what he was going to do with it and he told me that I could have it if I'd haul it away. Well, I borrowed my sisters trailer with a winch and hauled it over to her house.

The "engine problems" ended up being a bad battery cable. It fired right up and runs nice! Even has a full tank of diesel. The hydraulic problems consist of a leaky ram ($15 rebuild kit ordered) and some slop in the linkage. I'm pretty tickeled about it. I'll have to get used to the orange color, but the engine is very similar to the one in the diesel cubs so I'll be familiar with one if I ever find a D cub. I'll get some pics in a week or two after it finishes trenching a water line at my sisters house and I bring it home. Hope the cubs don't get jealous, this is the first off color tractor in the herd.

Shane I have a B7100 somewhere around a 1980 model. I really like it they are great little tractors. I have the front grader blade snow blower and mid mount 48" mower. Good find.
Dave
PS The cubs won't be upset.

I have a Kubota B5100E. It's only slightly larger than a Cub but will out work it 10-1. Also has a full Cat 1 3 pt. hitch. Sweet little tractor. I love it. I've sold 4 Cubs since I got this thing. Only have 2 left and one of them is for sale.

Latest posts

Back