Antenna tower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
I am heading out to help a friend take down a 35 foot antenna tower to reuse at a different location. Niether of us have tried this before but we are going to try..

I am bringing the camera and with a little prayer I wont have to post the pictures in the stupid people thread....
err.gif

It is easy to take down, I have done a few. I used a wood post strapped to on upright that would go above the section to be removed or added. tied on to the section lift using rope over top of the section to be added or removed.A pulley is nice to add to the top of your post. So to remove a section you would take your pole with a pulley attached to the top with rope threaded though. I used C clamps (2) to bolt to the tower. Then its easy to lift using the rope and set down over the last piece and bolt fast. The pole then can be removed to the next section. BTDT a few times
old.gif

hope this helps you !

Don thanks for the tip we might try that on the re-installion.

We did get it down with little effort, First we unbolted the lowest conection which was (6) 1/2 inch bolts, then two of us stood on the roof and lifted up and the guy bon the bottom guided it over a little and we lowered it two the ground.

We tied a rope to the top at the roof level and slowley layed it down sideways.

all done .....it went so fast I did not have time for pictures..

232098.jpg

232099.jpg

232100.jpg

jeff l baker

Funny that you would post that tower lol. I have 9 10' sections and a top section laying in my back yard now. I was planning on using it for a CB tower but never did.Had a guy call a few nights ago and offered me $200.00 for it .Well that is not going to happen. I might still put the old CB in my shop and install the tower and run the 100 wat linear and talk to Frank C lol. Two guys can install one of those in less than an hr btdt. What do you plan on using it for??

The guy on the ground is needed to haul the rope up to install each section.With a 2x4 and I pulley on top it goes fast. I used a strap around my wast so I could have both hands free to install the bolts and my battery drill with a socket for make the bolts tight. had that tide fast to my waist. Took more time to get ready than it took to install a tower lol. later Don T

Latest posts

Back