• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

All Things Deer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, sorry about hitting the deer - I hit one about 2 years ago - just jumped out of no where- had a brush guard or it would have been worse than it was - about $1500 as it was - if it would have hit the car next to me (it was small) it could have hurt the 3 people in it. Hate to say it but it was better my truck than that little coufin on wheels.
Vincent and son - good looking buck. Good going.
Frank, I can't even imagine the moose - I have been up close to them and those things are huge and have a mind of their own - you are in their realm and they let you know it.
Shultzie, good looking deer - wide spread.
I have lived here in Texas all my life and I always keep wondering why people want to hunt here - there are better looking deer in other places and usually a lot more meat on them.

Did somebody say car-deer collision? Here's my minivan from a couple of years ago. Hit a doe while doing 60 mph on the highway. She jumped over a guardrail and right in front of me before I could say "Oh Sh#t". Final bill from the body shop was right around $4950.00.

265131.jpg

Shultzie, *if* they last a few more years they won't be as casual while under your stand.
happy.gif

Dang, Kraig!! Can I come up and stay with you maybe for a couple of days? lol
drool.gif
Nice pics!

Jeff, thanks, but I just get lucky.
blush.gif

Shultzie, I don't even have my license yet! I hurt my right shoulder and drawing a bow is painful and not all that easy right now.
bash.gif
Though, if one of those bigger guys walked into range, I might not feel any pain with the adrenaline rush... I think I'm going to stop on my way home from work today and buy my bow license and small game license so I can go after the coyotes. Come on up, I'll find a spot for you to hunt for a few days.
happy.gif
Act fast though, Art might be calling soon.
rofl.gif
Not sure what a non-residence bow license is these days.

Kraig,

Super nice pics, and deer!
You must have a lot of land with no one hunting it. Around here there's an average of about one per acre.
One hunter per acre, that is!
yikes.gif

Marty, thanks! Well, I'm the only one that hunts deer on the 80 acre family farm, or on some rare occasions I have let relatives (in-laws) and friends hunt. One of my cousin owns the 80 to the north and the ~125 to the east and he does not let anyone hunt either of those. Well he would let me hunt it.
happy.gif
The 380 or so acres to the south gets hunted but just by the owner's family and friends during the regular gun season. Sadly the owner of that just passed away over the summer. I hear that one of the sons is going to farm it, at least for a while anyway. (That is the farm that I worked at as a farm hand in my teens. I also helped out my cousin with bailing hay way back when.) In any case, the immediate area around the farm does not get a lot of deer hunting pressure. Duck and goose hunting is another story. I will typically let one or two people (they are allowed to bring guests) on the property to hunt waterfowl but they are restricted as to where they are allowed on the property. The "pines" at the east end of the farm where I have the cameras, are off limits to them. My cousin's 80 to the north has some ponds on it and plenty of spilled grain from his 200 or so head of beef cattle. The family farm is a major fly way for ducks and geese flying between those ponds and the river farther to the south. It's never dull setting on stand deer hunting. If it's not ducks or geese flying over it's pheasants or turkeys or coyotes or squirrels or rabbits milling about. Except of course when I hunt them, then I don't see any sign of them.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Hopefully I can find the time ASAP to get out there with my bow. I hope I can catch them before the bachelor groups completely split up.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Kraig;
Once again you have a nice group of bucks...your day will come.
Recovering from rotator cuff surgery,so...no bowhunting this year...but I did take a limit of dove this afternoon.
Bobby B.

Bobby, long time no post, good to see you back.
happy.gif
Best wishes on the recovery from the rotator cuff surgery. Yes, there are some nice deer hanging around here. I did get out bow hunting Friday evening but only had a steady stream of gray squirrels running to and fro and about a dozen or so turkeys came in to roost right at sunset. Boy they are loud when they fly up into pine trees.
icon_eek.gif
About half way back to the house I heard several coyotes start howling in the direction of my deer stand. Was a good evening.
happy.gif

Kraig--
drool.gif
feint.gif
now those are some nice looking bucks! Good luck. I hope you bag a big one!

Back