• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Alaska CC100 still here!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canton

displayname
Chris Anton
I know I don't post here maybe like I should at times but as some of you know, I have a 100 that stables with my JD140 up here in Alaska. I use them mostly in the winter for snow removal in my neighborhood and circle I live in.

So far the cub has seen around 10 hours of seat time and the 140 around close to 40 hours. plenty of snow here this winter as well to keep them busy. I thought I would show the pile I made yesterday with the 100. The pile looks like a big loaf of bread... I am sure impressed with what that thing can do.

Between the large amount of snow we had in the last month and my tractor from the other side (JD140), and the city graders making the pile in middle of the culdesac, it was getting big enough to were you could hardly drive around it. I spent a few hours with the CC100 and stacked that pile. I got to admit, as packed as some of that snow was, that little 10 hp Cub with that CW36 munched and ground its way through it.
Made a pretty good pile. It did cost me one shear pin though (It has a small roll pin so I had to be careful on loading up the thrower). I had to literally chisel/scrape a few inches at a time in some spots with the sides of thrower to break of the snow from the pile...Lots of fun.

186686.jpg

186687.jpg

186688.jpg

I sure like having the two totally different tractors. Gear drive and hydro. Its a lot more fun I think.

And as far as gear drives go, I would have nothing but the Cub.

Chris A - Nice work & great pics. I lived in Eagle River (Military Housing North
bouncy.gif
while stationed at Elmendorf. I retired in Oct '03, but I was there for the "36 inches in 24 hours" the previous winter (in the year 2 B.C. - before Cubs). Summers are short there - you probably don't even need to take off the snowthrower, do you?

Chris-
Those are great pics, and that's a neat looking Cub you have.

Thanks for sharing them!
happy.gif

Thanks guys.

Greg - I remember that year well. I had my first tractor but no attachments yet.

I do take the thrower off for summer. I get a chance to do this kind of plowing also.
186746.jpg

Charlie, I apologize. I wasn't sure exactly were to post since I'm not to familiar with the lay of the land over here.

I figured since I was mentioning Alaska and the other brand, that this may be the place.

Delete the tread or move as necessary.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

"Of course no one told you that either, did they!"
I'm sure it was Dennis's week to do that.....or was it Don's
1a_scratchhead.gif

KENDELL - Just because you've been on vacation ALL WINTER.....
lol.gif

CHRIS - Nice looking 100. They didn't look that nice when brand new! And You've got ALL the options too!

Question for You on your weight bracket & suitcase weights on the back.....Any chance We could get a closer pic? KRAIG, Great Keeper of ALL Photos would appreciate it I'm sure!

Chris, good to see you posting! Even if it's in the wrong forum area.
happy.gif
I agree with the other's; Great photos! Are you going to be able to make it down to the lower 48 this year for any plow days?

Dennis - Steve Blunier sent me some pics and plans for the rear and a front bracket. They already may be common knowledge around here. Here are some pics of the rear and front brackets.

186791.jpg

186792.jpg

186793.jpg

186794.jpg

Kraig - I want to try to get down for the Montrose fall PD if it's held again this year. Better weather mostly for that PD. Works better for my time off as well. I'm planning on being down around end of July to the first part of August. Maybe will see you at Art's.

CHRIS - Thank's for those pic's. I didn't even see the rear PTO in the other pic's. THAT's a real nice 100! Frt & rear brackets look nice too. Steve's kinda like me.....Been around CC's WAY too long and likes to make stuff for them! I remember seeing his frt brackets for MWSC weights but don't remember seeing the rear bracket.

REAL nice work!
greenthumb.gif

Lucas:
You ever seen that Weekend Freedom Machine website??? Great place to look at green tractors....

Latest posts

Back