• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Advice needed front end loader on 2284

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken vitus

Folks,
I have a cub cadet 2284 which I got running to my satisfaction. Now I am thinking of putting a front end loader on it. I have a couple questions, cause I am sort of a newbie at this. Is there a loader made specifically for the 2284? Or is there one that will easily attach, without a heck of a lot of modifications? I know my limits and one of them isn't welding/fabrication to get units to fit on. Any help/thoughts would be appreciated. Thanx in advance

Folks,
I have a cub cadet 2284 which I got running to my satisfaction. Now I am thinking of putting a front end loader on it. I have a couple questions, cause I am sort of a newbie at this. Is there a loader made specifically for the 2284? Or is there one that will easily attach, without a heck of a lot of modifications? I know my limits and one of them isn't welding/fabrication to get units to fit on. Any help/thoughts would be appreciated. Thanx in advance
It can be done, but finding the loader might be another story.
1709240527196.jpeg

Folks,
Well Ken-I Was Going To Suggest You Build The - P.F. Engineering - Front Loader , From Their - Plans, But You Would Need To Do Welding. Now, I Built One For My - Craftsman Garden Tractor Years Ago, But I Did Not Know There Were Engineered Plans To Build A Mini Loader, So I Watched - Youtube Videos Of Guys That Had Built Their Own, And Built It-Using- Nuts And Bolts- And-NO-Plans, And It Worked Very Well. I Took - 20 - Cubic Yards Of Cut Trees Off My Ft. Myers Fl. Property After A Hurricane With That Little Loader, And You Can Do It Too. Im Now Gathering The The Material To Build The-( P.F. Engineering Plans )- One, For My -CC-129, Which Will Be Able To Lift More Weight Because Its A Heavier Tractor And The - I.H. Rear Axel. Ken -- You Can Also Watch Youtube Videos To Learn How To Weld, It`s Not That Hard. Im A Retired Electrician And I Learned How to Do it. Im Not Great At It-- But Theres An Old Saying -- A Grinder And Paint Make A Welder What He Aint -- After I Build The Loader--HA,Ha -- Im Building The-BACKHOE-Baby-!! -- Good Luck Ken-- You Can Do it. Greg

Attachments

• IMG_2146.JPG
    IMG_2146.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2147.JPG
    IMG_2147.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2151.JPG
    IMG_2151.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2152.JPG
    IMG_2152.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2154.JPG
    IMG_2154.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Please, nobody get their panties in a twist. This is just my thoughts.
Before considering an FEL for your Cub, you need to think about what specifically you will attempt to do with it.
It's an 800lb machine. Now with an FEL hanging 2 feet forward of the front tires you lost lots of traction at the rear wheels. Even with a bunch of weight on the back, How much weight can you put in the bucket without causing a Hand Stand issue?
Digging? I don't think so. We all talk about traction just pushing snow, I can't believe you would be able to dig into anything harder than jello. Where I live, people with Kubota BX Series tractors are unhappy with their ability..and they are designed for FEL and backhoe. I have a 10k lb backhoe and digging is frustration at times. Hard, shale type soil.
We all agree that these little tractors are truly tough, stout machines but they are not heavy in weight. They're just not. What do you hope to do with the FEL?

Last edited:
Before considering an FEL for your Cub, you need to think about what specifically you will attempt to do with it.
It's an 800lb machine. Now with an FEL hanging 2 feet forward of the front tires you lost lots of traction at the rear wheels. Even with a bunch of weight on the back, How much weight can you put in the bucket without causing a Hand Stand issue?
Digging? I don't think so. We all talk about traction just pushing snow, I can't believe you would be able to dig into anything harder than jello. Where I live, people with Kubota BX Series tractors are unhappy with their ability..and they are designed for FEL and backhoe. I have a 10k lb backhoe and digging is frustration at times. Hard, shale type soil.
We all agree that these little tractors are truly tough, stout machines but they are not heavy in weight. They're just not. What do you hope to do with the FEL?
If Your Talking About - Ken - Wanting To Build A Loader For His Cub, I Sent Him Some info On How To Do it And Told Him He Should. I Built One For My Old Beat Up - Craftsman Garden Tractor - Years Ago And It Has Done So Much Work For Me Over The Years> I Just Couldn`t Have Done The Things Without It. I Put-10- Square Of Roofing Material on My Roof-- I Took - 20 Plus Cubic Yards Of Cut Trees Off My Florida Property To A County Dump Bin Provided After A Hurricane -- Iv`e Dug Out The Neighborhoods Swale Rain Run offs -I Built A Back Digging Attachment To Put On Front and Dug 5ft Deep Holes For Putting in - 6X6 PT Post For A Driveway Gate-- E.T.C... -- I Told Ken To Get The - P.F. Engineering Plans -- Which Is What Im Using To Build The New Loader For My-CUB-129--Which Is Much Heavier Than The Craftsman and Will Lift Even More--The Craftsman Could Lift Right At - 400 lbs--I Know Thats Nothing Compared To buying A - 20K Machine But We Work With what We Have--I Built The First One With Absolute-Scrap--From The Scrap Yard -- But Yes I had To Buy The Hydraulics-- And To This Day It Still Works-- And still Looks Like A Piece Of Scrap That Many Would Say It`s Not Worth Using.

Attachments

• IMG_20161106_144548.jpg
    IMG_20161106_144548.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20161106_153210.jpg
    IMG_20161106_153210.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Any questions? LOL
I can pickup and easily move 860 pounds.
1709346477118.png

1709346498600.png

Mine will do about 300 lbs as shown here. I made a smaller bucket than the one it originally came with to help keep from hurting the tractor. I have moved tons of gravel with this and used it to clean up some piles left over when we had our sewer line replaced. It will not dig virgin soil, but if I need it to dig somewhere, I'll use a ripper shank on one of my other tractors to break up the soil, and then I can scrape it up with this.

PXL_20220423_204422966.jpg

Latest posts

Back