• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Adding pump to 1572

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhately

displayname
John Hately
Good morning all, I am adding a FEL to my 1572Diesel SGT and would like to run the hydraulic pump from the Hydro Pump rear splined shaft. Has anyone done this, or have a better suggestion to mount the pump ?

I did this with my 682 very recently. I'd recommend running it that way if you don't mind having it on all the time.
IMG_20191013_162914.jpg

Thanks! It works great. For anyone else wondering, the pump is around 5 GPM and was obtained from Surplus Center.

The loader works great now, other than the control valve is so worn the tilt sags pretty rapidly. It is also currently down for an engine change- the K321 I put in it when I put this together is drinking oil and is very tired. I don't want to derail this thread any further than I already have, so I'll have to start a thread for the engine swap when I get to it. The current world situation is making it difficult for me to obtain some bits and pieces I need before I can start.

I guess there wouldn't be an issue unless you had a cat 0 on the back of it. My Kwik-Way was missing the pump and front bracket when I got it so I fabbed up this on the front. The pump is a Northern Tool 10566 and it works great. Here is the link on the pump. Concentric High Pressure Hydraulic Gear Pump 0.388 Cu. In., Model# G1224C5A300N00 | Northern Tool

View attachment 137534View attachment 137535
Nice Oak! Looks good.
Great to see you're still kick'n! Haven't seen you in ages. Hope all is good and you still continue to fill the shed with Cubs! Loader certainly does look good on a super!

Could I ask what you used for the splined end of the pump shaft?

I assume you are talking to me- the 682 has a 5/8" round shaft and not a splined shaft, so I made a coupler on my lathe.

Surplus center has "blank" splined couplings that will be a suitable starting point. I know the input side of the SGT hydro unit is 5/8" 9-spline, but I can't remember if the output is 5/8" or 3/4". They have couplings for both available.

I assume you are talking to me- the 682 has a 5/8" round shaft and not a splined shaft, so I made a coupler on my lathe.

Surplus center has "blank" splined couplings that will be a suitable starting point. I know the input side of the SGT hydro unit is 5/8" 9-spline, but I can't remember if the output is 5/8" or 3/4". They have couplings for both available.
Much appreciated

Back